Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Awards
Credits
Steal Penalty
You're Rich Money Bags Award
Profile Music

Anyone here ever go to a Blockbuster store?

I went to a video store, but not blockbuster. It is too bad that there are fewer video rental places these days, and Redbox is becoming less common, so you either need to buy the disc movie, or subscribe to Netflix and Hulu to watch the movie without pirating it online.

I seen this video months ago when I was watching abandon videos, it's there guilt for closing down. Netflix made an offer for them to by Netflix back when they are a year into running, they rejected because they are still big. Anyway as from today that there are 14 still have the name and the membership card, it's own by different store owner.

However it's up to the public to walk in and use them to keep them running.

what was that like?
I loved it. I got free movie rentals and game rentals. So I was in heaven. Out of my 2 years there, I watched just about every single movie on the shelves, and played every single video game released on all consoles during the two years I was there, and got paid to do it!

As for their reason for closing, yep, they were offered to buy Netflix but we were offering our own version of the Netflix mailing service before Netflix became a live stream. Our prices were fucking atrocious though... even though we were delivering our movies from more locations.. It was also extremely hard to sign up, and you had a to jump through a bunch of hoops in order to use the service and be a 'premium' member but still have an in-store account... and we also didn't offer mailing the movies back, you had to still drop them off at the stores in the envelopes.

In the end, Blockbuster was greedy as shit, and made billions of dollars over their run, and they refused to change until they finally died.

The End.

I loved it. I got free movie rentals and game rentals. So I was in heaven. Out of my 2 years there, I watched just about every single movie on the shelves, and played every single video game released on all consoles during the two years I was there, and got paid to do it!

As for their reason for closing, yep, they were offered to buy Netflix but we were offering our own version of the Netflix mailing service before Netflix became a live stream. Our prices were fucking atrocious though... even though we were delivering our movies from more locations.. It was also extremely hard to sign up, and you had a to jump through a bunch of hoops in order to use the service and be a 'premium' member but still have an in-store account... and we also didn't offer mailing the movies back, you had to still drop them off at the stores in the envelopes.

In the end, Blockbuster was greedy as shit, and made billions of dollars over their run, and they refused to change until they finally died.

The End.

Sounds right though that perk of working there sounds awesome. Wish I had that kind of access.

I used to rent games from one... well okay, that's a lie. I rented exactly one game from one, and that was Mario Kart 64. After that, I pretty much never bothered with Blockbuster ever again.

I used to rent games from one... well okay, that's a lie. I rented exactly one game from one, and that was Mario Kart 64. After that, I pretty much never bothered with Blockbuster ever again.

Is that because you never returned the game?

Yea, the pay was pure crap, I think it was only 6.25 an hour... and you didn't get many hours a week, but the perks were awesome if it was just a second job.

Well that explains why the employees never looked enthused.

I'd say he never rented a game from them again because their game rental prices were atrocious. As for not being amused, eh, I loved talking to people about movies and games. It was the pushing 10 dollar bags of popcorn and stupid shit no one wanted that I hated. Kinda why I would never work at a Gamestop or something like that. Being able to talk video games and try them out for a job would be great, but the fact that you have to piss off customers by begging them to buy shit they don't want and having them think you are a piece of shit is just not worth it.

I'd say he never rented a game from them again because their game rental prices were atrocious. As for not being amused, eh, I loved talking to people about movies and games. It was the pushing 10 dollar bags of popcorn and stupid shit no one wanted that I hated. Kinda why I would never work at a Gamestop or something like that. Being able to talk video games and try them out for a job would be great, but the fact that you have to piss off customers by begging them to buy shit they don't want and having them think you are a piece of shit is just not worth it.

I can assure you the practice is in all retail jobs. Which I'm currently dealing with and failing because my town has cheap people.

I avoided Blockbuster because their prices were so high, although there were times I did rent some new release movies just for the fact they always had like 40-50 copies of the same move.

It's very very sad to see this to go, I'm trying not to cry. It's very very sad

I like that there were game and movie rental stores like Blockbuster in the past. Rental prices are high, but some games and movies are not worth buying, but they are still fun to play a few days by renting them which is cheaper than buying the new games and movies which can cost a lot more.

I like that there were game and movie rental stores like Blockbuster in the past. Rental prices are high, but some games and movies are not worth buying, but they are still fun to play a few days by renting them which is cheaper than buying the new games and movies which can cost a lot more.
End of the day it's not about the money! isn't it? it's more then just that

End of the day it's not about the money! isn't it? it's more then just that

It is also about choice of renting vs owning games and movies. Some people prefer to rent their games and movie discs while other people prefer to own their stuff. But, it seems now users are mostly forced to own their game and movie disc if they want to play a certain game or movie offline because there are fewer big rental places now.

It is also about choice of renting vs owning games and movies. Some people prefer to rent their games and movie discs while other people prefer to own their stuff. But, it seems now users are mostly forced to own their game and movie disc if they want to play a certain game or movie offline because there are fewer big rental places now.
My thoughts on this pretty much. I prefer to rent games, because most of the time I can beat them in a day or two. As for movies, I rarely buy a copy of a movie unless I really enjoyed it. Normally watching a film once is usually good enough for me.

Back