Abortion

GracefulAssassin

Mori Hater
Awards
Credits
What is your view on abortion? I am pro-choice because I believe that no one should tell you how to run your life.

I think that abortion should be allowed if the doctor can prove that the baby is risking the mother's life.

I think that abortion should be allowed if the doctor can prove that the baby is risking the mother's life.
I agree, but also if you don't want the child (an accident), and you would donate to stem cell research.

That kind of confuses me, because the child could have ended up being a very important figure. I think it's only under certain circumstances, like if someone is going to be a whore, and have an abortion after each pregnancy (if they happen to). It's not always fair for the child.

What if the child will be mentally ill for the rest of their life and won't enjoy life? Should the women be allowed abortion?

What if the child will be mentally ill for the rest of their life and won't enjoy life? Should the women be allowed abortion?
Yes, because that would suck more than death for both the parents and the child.

I haven't anything to add to this as I agree with everything thus far.. but here is my stance on the issue. Getting pregnant is not always a choice, unless of course, you already knew the risks, and decided to have unprotected sex anyway. A woman who uses protection, and does everything she can to prevent getting pregnant, such as using multiple forms of them together, as an added precaution, should not have her right to choose taken away from her simply because they failed, and she ended up pregnant anyway.

She has already done everything she could, minus abstaining, and even that isn't a guarantee as she can be raped by a man anyway resulting in a pregnancy.. so, why should she suffer through an unwanted pregnancy when getting pregnant was not her choice?

I am pro-choice, and even in the case of stupid teenagers who go out and have unprotected sex anyway, and end up in the same situations. I would rather that they have the ability to abort, than to heard another story about a 12 or 13 year old who gave birth in the bathroom, and threw the baby out the window or left it in the garbage can or something.

Furthermore, I don't agree with partial-birth abortion, or using it as a means of birth control, and I think that unless there is a medical reason behind it, I don't think abortion should be allowed past 12 weeks. This is also including mental and physical disability.

If the child cannot live a full, happy and normal life with the disability, such as, Down Syndrome, for example which. I have read can show up in pre-natal screenings as early as 16 weeks into pregnancy and we can see this from adults who suffer from the same, and do not live happy lives.

Then the kind thing here, would be to abort, to prevent future suffering, in the same way we would euthanize, to prevent any further suffering. In either case, you'd have to think about what would be best for the other person, and not allow your personal feelings and emotions cloud your judgment. We may be around to protect our children when they are younger, but there is no guarantee that we'd be around to do so when they are older. So those making this decision in the case of mental or physical disability, should consider this fact. That aside, I generally don't agree with abortion past 12 weeks, especially in cases of rape as I doubt that a woman who used protection, multiple methods of protection that failed, or was raped would take 3 months to decide as to whether or not she wants to continue or terminate her pregnancy.

Also, as for men, if they are still around and continue to be there during the entire ordeal, then they have some say.. but ultimately, the final word is still hers. What I mean is that a man, who decides to run after hearing about the pregnancy, relinquishes his right to say anything concerning it. If he wants the child and the mother does not, then he should get the papers filed stating as such, and that he will agree NOT to come after the mother for child support later on.

This way, the man cannot force the woman into carrying a child she didn't want, and then use it to screw her over financially for the next 18 years. This same document could also work the other way around to protect the man from a woman who would have the baby anyway, even if neither of them wanted one in the first place, and end up using the child to trap him financially and emotionally. Unfortunately, this is more common than we think, and it doesn't just happen to athletes and celebs.

One last thing, I don't think that religion, political stance or personal beliefs should have any bearing on the decision to either keep or terminate, EXCEPT for the person making the decision for themselves. So if you don't agree with abortion, and your God says its wrong, then that is good for you. But keep your personal opinions and your religious beliefs off of my body.

Good points, but I didn't understand one part. So if they use all that protection, and still get pregnant, they should or shouldn't? And I would hate for someone to live life with something like Down's, so I agree with aborting it then. And I never thought of the man in the situation... I would be mad since I do want a kid, but it was unplanned... So if my girlfriend or whatever didn't want the kid, and I did, who would get the last decision, even if I did have paperwork (no, I'm not saying I'm ever going to be in this situation, but you never know...)? And I also agree with the last part; who are we to say what others can't do, other than like not murdering, stealing, the stuff that we know is bad?

Good points, but I didn't understand one part. So if they use all that protection, and still get pregnant, they should or shouldn't? And I would hate for someone to live life with something like Down's, so I agree with aborting it then. And I never thought of the man in the situation... I would be mad since I do want a kid, but it was unplanned... So if my girlfriend or whatever didn't want the kid, and I did, who would get the last decision, even if I did have paperwork (no, I'm not saying I'm ever going to be in this situation, but you never know...)? And I also agree with the last part; who are we to say what others can't do, other than like not murdering, stealing, the stuff that we know is bad?

What I am saying is that, if a woman has done everything she can to prevent a pregnancy, whether it is one, or multiple layers of protection, then it isn't fair that she have to suffer through a pregnancy that she took steps to prevent. She should be able to choose as to whether or not she wants to keep it.

As for your other scenario, if you want the baby, and she doesn't, then while, the final word is still hers, You can go a legal route to prevent her from aborting it.. and where if she did so anyway, then there would be harsh consequences. However, I would think that if you desired the child that strongly, even though she did not, then it wouldn't be right for you to then go after the mother for child support later on, and that you would make sure that she is relinquished of her responsibilities as a mother to that child before she gave birth to it.

Seeing as how, you forced her to give birth to a child she didn't want, and would have terminated had you not have intervened. Pregnancy is not only time-consuming, and a miserable time for many women, but it is also very risky for both the mother and child. Barring external conditions like the increasing homicide rate among pregnant women, at the hands of exes, current husbands or significant others, or, crazy ass women who either lost their kid and never dealt with it, or because they are just evil, killing these women and cutting their babies or fetuses from their mother's womb to claim as their own.

There are a lot of health risks involved, such as elevated blood pressure, and heart rate, obesity as well as the possibility of death during childbirth. So, if a woman is considering terminating her pregnancy, then she has to consider these factors as well. And if she is forced into carrying a child that she never wanted, and tried to prevent, then she is forced into these health risks as well, which may result in her either being stuck with the child for the next 18 years, because the guy swore that he'd be there, and then bolted, or being financially responsible for it.. because the guy decided to force her to be responsible for a child she did not want, or that she knew she couldn't afford or because she knew that her life was not conducive for a child.

I am not even going to mention the effect it will have on her life in terms of work, or the frequent doctor visits or getting injected with huge needles the size of a turkey baster for amniocentesis or other things, because that is a given..

This is the primary reason why a woman should always have the right to choose because it is her body and her life that will be the affected the most by it.

Well, I'm not a douche, so I would take care of the kid, whether the mom would help or not.

That's not me. I don't LIKE being a douche. It annoys me. >_> Unless I'm trolling, or talking with friends, which almost everyone does, haha. Either way, I've decided I want a kid, so I want to take care of him/her; I'm also pretty good at taking care of babies, too. :grin:

Glad to see most people are coming to an agreement. This is a very difficult issue, however.

i can see why people wouldn't and why people would. Technically speaking, it is kind of murdering a person. The baby is very much alive, but it is in the fetus state, so it's not a full murder I assume. It should not be able to be aborted after 2-3 months, however. I don't like the idea of aborting it, but I, in the end, don't care if you do... unless it's my kid.

I'm completely pro-life. I have two special needs siblings and couldn't imagine life without them, even though it can be hard at times. Even when I was raped, I never thought of abortion as an option should I be pregnant (Thank God I missed that bullet) and when my ex and I got pregnant at a bad time I never thought about abortion then. (miscarried anyways)

I think every child has a right to life, they could discover the cure for cancer, be the next president, anything but not if they're are "aborted" before their life even begins. If a mother can't care or doesn't want to care for the child place the baby for adoption. There are a lot of nice families who are looking for children in the adoption field.

If every mother who couldn't care for their child aborted the baby, I wouldn't be here nor would 10 of my siblings. All of us were taken from our mothers at young ages, but are living a wonderful life right now. Not a day goes by that I don't thank my birth mom for the life she gave me.

Yeah, but see, those are "what if" situations. They are called that because they don't happen, so it's not really a good argument. For all you know, they could grow up to be a murderer.

Personally there's alot of scientific reasons as why women shoudn't abort.
Su
ch as fingerprints after ten days, brain waves after a couple weeks, heart beat after 14 days, so forth so forth. But most people dent that the baby is a human being until it's out of the womb so I don't try make useless points.

Okay, they are partially living, but that's why you can't abort after 2nd term. And there are some cases where I don't want abortion, specifically if your not an adult (18) yet.

Back