froggyboy604

Staff member
Manager
Full GL Member
Awards
Credits
Mature Board Viewing
Unlock full profile styling
Kids these days don't get outside enough. They spend all day cooped up inside playing video games or surfing the web. Let's send them all to tech rehab, shall we?

Zoom
The Telegraph reports that Capio Nightingale Hospital, in central London, has launched an addiction service that allows children as young as 12 to go "cold turkey" from their technology compulsion.

While staying in the clinic's residential unit, the children will be taught face-to-face communication skills and cut off from technology use that has become problematic. Dr. Richard Graham, the psychiatrist leading the new addiction treatment, said he has been contacted by concerned parents who tell him their child flies into a fit of rage when told to turn off his or her PC.

Graham said services need to adapt quickly to help these "screenagers," adding that current methods used for substance abuse are not the answer.

''What we need are official guidelines now on what counts as healthy or unhealthy use of technology," he told the London Evening Standard. ''We have found that many of the existing services fail to recognize the complexity of these situations, borrowing from older models of addiction and substance misuse to very limited effect. This is why Capio Nightingale Hospital has launched the first Young Person Technology Addiction Service, which we hope will address the underlying causes of this addiction to transform screenagers back into teenagers."

Tom Guides

This just sounds like a parenting issue more then a addiction problem...

Kids these days don't get outside enough. They spend all day cooped up inside playing video games or surfing the web.

I see nothing wrong with this.

Nor do I, I get a bit pissy when my laptop gets turned off, but that's because I have it on because I have about a 2 minute boot >.>.

I don't see anything wrong with staying inside for extended periods of time either.

It sure better then Kids joining a gang or the mafia.

Back