Adult put a limit.....?

WitchAssassin

Full GL Member
Awards
Credits
Username Style
Unlock full profile styling
When you were a kid, did your parents (or any other adult) put a limit on how much time you could spend on playing video games? Why or why not?

Well yes, my mom used to hide my genesis if there was a complaint from school that I didn't do my homework. Also we had one TV so if someone older wanted to watch TV then it was game over for me. I used to wake at dawn on weekends so I could play for a good five hours before my dad would wake up and use the TV.

My parents never really had a limit on the use of the game consoles we've had, provided we did our school work and we got our chores done. When we got our first personal computer, that was a different story. We had a limit of one hour per day on the computer. They made exceptions if you needed the computer for doing your homework. In that case, the one hour time limit was thrown out the window and people were allowed to use the computer for as long as they needed until their homework was done.

My parents never really had a limit on the use of the game consoles we've had, provided we did our school work and we got our chores done. When we got our first personal computer, that was a different story. We had a limit of one hour per day on the computer. They made exceptions if you needed the computer for doing your homework. In that case, the one hour time limit was thrown out the window and people were allowed to use the computer for as long as they needed until their homework was done.
Pretty Much we all had the same experience growing up

I never really had a limit besides bed time. As long as it kept me quiet and happy, I could play.

When I was younger my parents didn't allow me to play video games till late (10:00 PM mostly) but now I can play whenever I want to.

I was the same. I always had a bed time and wasn't allowed to play once it was lights out. The console wasn't normally kept in my room so I couldn't sneak any playing time once the lights were out (not without getting caught red handed anyway). So, I always had to go to bed when I was told and just go to sleep.

Back