froggyboy604

Staff member
Manager
Full GL Member
Awards
Credits
Mature Board Viewing
Unlock full profile styling
Slingshot may have been the work of a government agency.

I wonder if using a software firewall, VPN, and proxy server can stop users from being a victim from these types of router malware attack which can infect some vulnerable routers at ISPs and web host company.

Last edited:
Sounds like a foreign intelligence malware type issue, but someone on a public level could get their hands on it, reverse engineer it and spread it to the common people.

This could be troublesome.

Sounds like a foreign intelligence malware type issue, but someone on a public level could get their hands on it, reverse engineer it and spread it to the common people.

I think in your case you can drop the word "foreign" here, seeing how the CIA, NSA, and FBI have developed among the most dangerous viruses ever (including the basis for WannaCry!), some of which even going as far as enabling the microphone in Samsung Smart TVs even if it's fully turned off.
And unlike the other intel services worldwide, the American ones have the advantage of dictating anti malware makers (most of these companies are American or European, so easy to dictate) to purposely ignore their viruses during each scan.

I think in your case you can drop the word "foreign" here, seeing how the CIA, NSA, and FBI have developed among the most dangerous viruses ever (including the basis for WannaCry!), some of which even going as far as enabling the microphone in Samsung Smart TVs even if it's fully turned off.
And unlike the other intel services worldwide, the American ones have the advantage of dictating anti malware makers (most of these companies are American or European, so easy to dictate) to purposely ignore their viruses during each scan.

Point taken, but it would be their job to make such things.

Might be, but it's still not an excuse to invade random people's private lives without anyone noticing, if I can be honest with you.
Of course you should do it with suspects, but not with every single person.

I imagine eventually some bad government agents and spy will use this malware to do an illegal tasks like stealing money or celebrities private home photos and videos which show them wearing no clothing.

Might be, but it's still not an excuse to invade random people's private lives without anyone noticing, if I can be honest with you.
Of course you should do it with suspects, but not with every single person.

even if they can spy on every single person, they can not spy on every single person. The amount of time it would take to eavesdrop on everyone would most likely take more than a year.

They don't necessarily need to spy in real time, of course that won't be possible.
But you should know that currently governments can keep stuff for 5 years, and they keep raising the time they can keep all the data, and potentially abuse it.

You'll never know when a diplomatic arsehole would randomly suspect you, and use the pictures they took off your webcam while you were playing around with a plastic sword you bought at some toy shop as evidence that you were cutting somebody's troat and killed them for example.

They don't necessarily need to spy in real time, of course that won't be possible.
But you should know that currently governments can keep stuff for 5 years, and they keep raising the time they can keep all the data, and potentially abuse it.

You'll never know when a diplomatic arsehole would randomly suspect you, and use the pictures they took off your webcam while you were playing around with a plastic sword you bought at some toy shop as evidence that you were cutting somebody's troat and killed them for example.

I think it maybe difficult to prove that you did not mean to say something if a spy recorded someone with a mic on a PC reading out a script from a violent movie, or play .

I think it maybe difficult to prove that you did not mean to say something if a spy recorded someone with a mic on a PC reading out a script from a violent movie, or play .
As is proven by recent events, evidence is no longer needed when it comes to blaming an entire country for things they've never done (left alone, things that aren't possible in the first place).
This is even easier when it comes to claming individuals, since they're far more fragile than a country the whole world recognises exists (with the exception to 1 region it has).

As is proven by recent events, evidence is no longer needed when it comes to blaming an entire country for things they've never done (left alone, things that aren't possible in the first place).
This is even easier when it comes to claming individuals, since they're far more fragile than a country the whole world recognises exists (with the exception to 1 region it has).

It is unfortunate evidence is no longer needed to jail people, or punish them for breaking the law even if they did not break the law sort of like how the entertainment industry frame a lot of people for pirating movies, music, video games, and files.

Even if they stockpile info, you have to stand out or have really bad luck for them to single a person out.

Even if they stockpile info, you have to stand out or have really bad luck for them to single a person out.

I feel most governments may not have enough jail cells in their jail to jail the many people who broke the law on the internet, or were recorded breaking the law offline with a security camera or microphone.

I feel most governments may not have enough jail cells in their jail to jail the many people who broke the law on the internet, or were recorded breaking the law offline with a security camera or microphone.

lets not give them any other ideas how to deal with people should they run out of jail cells...

lets not give them any other ideas how to deal with people should they run out of jail cells...

I think some tougher countries may force many prisoners to live in one tiny cell where prisoners may end up accidentally touching each other because one cell is full of prisoners where there is no place to comfortably walk, sleep or sit down.

Well, a student from Cameroon once showed me how prisons in his country look like; literally a single bench to sit on between a bit batch of other prisoners, and that's all you get there.
So what you say actually is quite accurate.

Prisons to have only a single bench and many prisoners on the same bench does not seem very safe since having a lot of prisoners in one place can cause prisoners to start fights with other prisoners, and cause sickness like the flu to spread more easily among the prison population.

Sweatshops are also used in the US where prisoners are paid between $0.93 and $4.73 per day for usually working manual labor factory jobs like making clothes and service jobs like making hotel reservations according to Sweatshop Labor Is Back With a Vengeance

Prisons to have only a single bench and many prisoners on the same bench does not seem very safe since having a lot of prisoners in one place can cause prisoners to start fights with other prisoners, and cause sickness like the flu to spread more easily among the prison population.

Sweatshops are also used in the US where prisoners are paid between $0.93 and $4.73 per day for usually working manual labor factory jobs like making clothes and service jobs like making hotel reservations according to Sweatshop Labor Is Back With a Vengeance

Well they should be technically work for free considering their crimes.

Well they should be technically work for free considering their crimes.

There maybe some prisons in stricter countries and more strict US states where prisoners work for free.

US prisons and companies can be breaking anti-slavery law if they don't pay any money to prisoners.

Most money which prisoners earn most likely goes back to the prison because phone calls to family members and friends are not free for prisoners, and the phone calls can cost a lot of money.

Back