Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Awards
Credits
Steal Penalty
You're Rich Money Bags Award
Profile Music

Would you ever be afraid of being swatted? And if you're an online streamer, do you have a plan?

I saw that video yesterday and it makes me hate the idea of streaming. But if I were to then this is very valuable information for all the idiots out there.

Apparently if you call your local cops before you stream, the worst that'll happen is a knock on the door.

Also, don't let your info get doxxed. If they can't figure out who you are, they can't dox you.

There's a mission like this, swatted stuff in Ready Or Not I read, but haven't reached the part yet in my current campaign playthrough.

In other countries it's not something people worry about because it's just the cops paying you a visit. In murica the guy getting swatted will think it's a home invasion will grab his gun and start shooting and the cops will start shooting back and you get a lot of dead people.

I feel streaming in an office with a large glass window without curtains could prevent the police from breaking your door because the police know you are not in danger if they see you streaming when they look through your window, and see you streaming.

Last edited:
In other countries it's not something people worry about because it's just the cops paying you a visit. In murica the guy getting swatted will think it's a home invasion will grab his gun and start shooting and the cops will start shooting back and you get a lot of dead people.

If youre talking about while streaming, this almost never happens

I feel streaming in an office with a large glass window without curtains could prevent the police from breaking your door because the police think you are in danger if they see you streaming when they look through your window.

This doesnt even make sense. So if they see you sitting down playing a video game they think youre in danger?

Apparently if you call your local cops before you stream, the worst that'll happen is a knock on the door.

Also, don't let your info get doxxed. If they can't figure out who you are, they can't dox you.

Other than not posting personal info and on your local area, guess streamers always need to use a vpn?

Other than not posting personal info and on your local area, guess streamers always need to use a vpn?
Well all the VPN will do is prevent you from a DDoS attack, so it wouldn’t hurt. They can’t find out your house through your public IP address though. My public IP is over 20 miles off from where I actually live, and a different zip code.

If youre talking about while streaming, this almost never happens

This doesnt even make sense. So if they see you sitting down playing a video game they think youre in danger?

I made a few typo in my original post,

My edited post is now:

I feel streaming in an office with a large glass window without curtains could prevent the police from breaking your door because the police know you are not in danger if they see you streaming when they look through your window, and see you streaming.

Talking to your local law enforcement is a huge first step. When a call is sent to a team about your residence it is followed by a database of information about that residence. Not really anything personal is pulled by default, but the 911 centers can add notes and it will have call histories and such attached to all future calls. Swat teams in particular are going to comb that information well before any move is made.

Now, after working with multiple tactical teams, what happens with that info is kind of a shit show, some will rationalize what is happening and show up for a friendly visit, some will determine that every call needs to be handled the same way, and then some will be unable to comprehend the notes to even act on them. However, most departments are small and are easy to get to know on a slightly personal level. Granted, there are also those select few that are out there to just be jackasses and will label you a nuisance caller for simply calling. Some of course will not even know what to do with the info or just do nothing with it.

Remember, most law enforcement would much rather just say hi than spend hours gearing up and risk getting shot to act on something they think is fake. Although you could always be in an area with a team of idiots and after the 5th incident, they still have zero idea what is going on, and "streaming" is some sort of sorcery to them.

Also being aware of someone at your door is kind of a challenge as a streamer and items like smart doorbells or security cameras can be a huge asset as hearing a knock is not very easy in headphones. You can also get involved in your local community and help out the public safety side with your video gear and such to have a reputation and personal relationship with the guys who might be holding a gun to you one day, not a terrible idea if you ask me.

I honestly can't believe that people are still doing this crap, and it is just sad to see that these idiots still haven't stopped and have resorted to targeting just about anybody and for any reason..

It is a shame that with all of the money spent on law enforcement, that there still aren't many things in place to stop things like this from happening before they start..

It is ridiculous and the people who do this should be punished and forced to pay back any expenses incurred.

Maybe then when their wallet is affected, that they will learn not to do this..

Luckily, in the UK swatting is not something that is popular and it does not seem to happen as much as I have seen it happen in the past in say the US.

I have seen swatting take place in videos and it can get quite bad and if you do not have a plan in place, things can go sour very quickly.

Luckily, in the UK swatting is not something that is popular and it does not seem to happen as much as I have seen it happen in the past in say the US.

I have seen swatting take place in videos and it can get quite bad and if you do not have a plan in place, things can go sour very quickly.

Seems like a lot of calls for swatting on US stuff comes from UK though?

Seems like a lot of calls for swatting on US stuff comes from UK though?
It very much seems that way and I do believe it is because not enough is done to ensure that they are prosecuted when they commit the act.
Probably because of a lack of repercussion.
This is very true, it's a shame that they get away with so much including something as severe as swatting.

Back