Staff member
Administrator
Awards
Credits
Steal Penalty
You're Rich Money Bags Award
Profile Music

Truly the end of times for us.

It is impressive how the maker of Mario AI program can teach it to play Mario so well.

I feel like this is better suited for racing games, as those rely on the fastest times and there's generally an absolute best way to race on a track. Mario here hasn't surpassed pro players at insanely hard fan levels and this appears to be taking a while for evolution, but if you were a smarter speedrunner of said game, this thing would get relly good. The problem is the methods used wouldn't be the same and tools assisted would be the optimal option.

I am really fascinated with AI news right now so this was enjoyable to discover. AI playing games could be a potential problem later on when there are competitions, don't you think? Especially if a monetary prize is involved? Wouldn't someone want to use a computer system to beat humans at games to win big money?

I am really fascinated with AI news right now so this was enjoyable to discover. AI playing games could be a potential problem later on when there are competitions, don't you think? Especially if a monetary prize is involved? Wouldn't someone want to use a computer system to beat humans at games to win big money?
There's a thing called rules. Like verification, you have to be a human, if you are caught you are booted from the tourney. Stuff like that.

This is crazy, I expected AI to be able to do many things once programmed but playing video games was not something I ever thought I would see possible.

It plays the game so well, probably a little better than a human would it seems. It does make me wonder how much further AI will progress especially in the gaming world.

This is crazy, I expected AI to be able to do many things once programmed but playing video games was not something I ever thought I would see possible.

It plays the game so well, probably a little better than a human would it seems. It does make me wonder how much further AI will progress especially in the gaming world.

Hopefully makes the gaming world better.

Back