Alerts/notification system.

alakazam said:
Nooo... Why would you want to move to XenForo? That thing is terrible and it is much inferior to IPB... Sure, it has a whole lot of notifications, but the overall script looks really awful in my opinion...
its still being debated:

http://gamingforce.us/index.php/topic/73889-gf-future-poll-1/

as I'm not crazy about IPB these days, it still depends on how IPB 4 comes out.

I think if there is a chance for a plugin, maybe it'd be worth it to look deeper into that. If it is not a ridiculous price, it could help simplify things for users and staff alike.
That aside, it is not much of a deal with proper instructions on how to change settings ourselves.

ADDED:

Demon_Skeith said:
its still being debated:

http://gamingforce.us/index.php/topic/73889-gf-future-poll-1/

as I'm not crazy about IPB these days, it still depends on how IPB 4 comes out.

What things are what makes you dislike IPB at the time? I have Xenforo, so I might be able to assist a little regarding if it'd bring the stuff you're missing from IPB or if it'd be the same / waste of money. I don't know IPB outside what i can see as a member...

Thanks for taking my suggestion seriously everyone. Let's see which software is chosen at the end :grin:

Kaynil said:
I think if there is a chance for a plugin, maybe it'd be worth it to look deeper into that. If it is not a ridiculous price, it could help simplify things for users and staff alike.
That aside, it is not much of a deal with proper instructions on how to change settings ourselves.

ADDED:

What things are what makes you dislike IPB at the time? I have Xenforo, so I might be able to assist a little regarding if it'd bring the stuff you're missing from IPB or if it'd be the same / waste of money. I don't know IPB outside what i can see as a member...
first major gripe I have with IPB is that upgrade is a pain for all your skins and mods, something I hear that isn't an issue with xen.

Next, I don't like how they been handling the posting box since IPB 3.

Something I noticed in IPB 4, the user cp is really full and hard to get around to add basic stuff like avatar and sig.

Back