Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Awards
Credits
Steal Penalty
You're Rich Money Bags Award
Profile Music
Be forewarned: On Wednesday, electronic devices nationwide, including cellphones, TVs and radios, will blare out the jolting warning sounds of an emergency alert accompanied by a message.

But don’t be alarmed, it’s only a test.

The Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA), along with the Federal Communications Commission (FCC), is running the test to make sure the Wireless Emergency Alerts (WEA) for cellphones and the Emergency Alert System (EAS) for radio and television are in proper working order in preparation for an actual emergency, like a natural disaster, terrorism or other threats to public safety, especially nationwide.

On Wednesday, Oct. 4, at approximately 2:20 p.m. ET, the alert will happen simultaneously in each time zone nationwide. Here’s when you can expect to be alerted depending on your time zone:

• 2:20 p.m. EDT
  • 1:20 p.m. CDT
  • 12:20 p.m. MDT
  • 11:20 a.m. PDT
  • 10:20 a.m. ADT
  • 8:20 a.m. HST

I hope the emergency alert test goes smoothly, and people don't panic for no reason.

The amount of panic I have seen regarding this happening on social media today was insane....

It lasted all of 2 seconds. Some articles were going around saying it was gonna last a half hour.

The amount of panic I have seen regarding this happening on social media today was insane....

It's because you had these idiots claiming that once you heard the tone, the govt was already doing something with aliens and other nonsense. It was pretty stupid.

Would be funny if they changed the message to something about a nuclear attack from russia.

Kaiju attack warning lol

Would be funny if they changed the message to something about a nuclear attack from russia.

Considering the real life possibility, that could be panic inducing.

Didn't a radio show once prank people about Aliens or something once? I believe there was some chaos that followed.

Back