froggyboy604

Staff member
Manager
Full GL Member
Awards
Credits
Mature Board Viewing
Unlock full profile styling
Amazon is launching a new service today called Amazon Cash, which is meant to make it easier than ever for customers who don’t have credit, debit, or bank cards to still be able to shop on the popular internet retailer, as noted by TechCrunch.

The new service allows for customers to simply display a barcode at a participating retailer and deposit cash directly to their Amazon account. It’s a slightly more streamlined process than before: previously, anyone wanting to use Amazon without a bank card was forced to buy gift cards or prepaid debit cards.

The barcode for Amazon Cash can be generated by visiting the Amazon Cash site, and it can be accessed through Amazon’s website, the mobile app, or saved to things like the Android home screen or the iOS Wallet for easy access. Customers without access to smartphones can also print out the barcode and bring to stores in person to directly deposit funds.

Read More

Amazon Cash can be good for kids, and people with bad credit or no credit who do not always qualify for a debit or credit card unless they agree to pay a monthly fee of $10 or more because of bad credit because they declared bankruptcy or never paid back their overdue bills like student loans on time.

I think Amazon Cash will be useful for digital purchases from Amazon like mobile gamers who need to spend a few dollars on mobile games, and in-game cash from the Amazon App Store where getting a credit or debit card from the bank, and securely connecting it to Amazon is a hassle if you only plan to buy one game like "Goat Simulator" from the Amazon App store.

Amazon Giftcodes are also somewhat a hassle to type into Amazon because giftcard codes are many characters in length, and the codes can get lost like other physical cards.

Soooo, it's the gift cards without typing in the code?

Soooo, it's the gift cards without typing in the code?

Yes, it is a type of giftcard where you need to print out a barcode to a piece of paper, or use a smartphone to show a barcode, and use the barcode at a physical store to add cash to your Amazon account. The store will help you deposit the money into your Amazon account after it scanned the barcode, and you pay the cashier at the cash register. The barcode replaces the code, and you don't risk losing the code by losing the card or receipt with the code printed on it.

Yes, it is a type of giftcard where you need to print out a barcode to a piece of paper, or use a smartphone to show a barcode, and use the barcode at a physical store to add cash to your Amazon account. The store will help you deposit the money into your Amazon account after it scanned the barcode, and you pay the cashier at the cash register. The barcode replaces the code, and you don't risk losing the code by losing the card or receipt with the code printed on it.

a bit more secure but obviously more hassle than just buying a giftcard.

a bit more secure but obviously more hassle than just buying a giftcard.

Yes, it is a bit more secure since people can't just steal the code or card and take your giftcard money.

But, it is less private because you need to use a smartphone with the Amazon App which generate the barcode, or print out a bar code with a printer when you are logged into your Amazon Account when logged into Amazon's website. The barcode may giveaway your device's operating system, the name of the user who is using the device, screen resolution of the device, location of the device like PC used to print the barcode and other identifiable data which the Amazon App and website can access.

A giftcard purchase from a store can mainly giveaway the time you bought the giftcard, and from which store before you activate the code.

meh, I rather just buy a gift card.

I agree, I rather get a gift card since I can easily give it to someone by handing the card or code to them, or sending an e-mail with the code in it. I can also use the code with another Amazon account I use as long as I don't activate the code.

Back