Amazon refunds $70 million your kids accidentally spent in apps

I think it's a crime that these developers make apps that have in-game transactions, pressuring kids into making their parents buy them, or letting the kids buy it themselves with their parents' credit cards. It's an app for kids. Just let them play. Is that too much to ask? Stop trying to take advantage of kids and making a profit out of it.

I think it's a crime that these developers make apps that have in-game transactions, pressuring kids into making their parents buy them, or letting the kids buy it themselves with their parents' credit cards. It's an app for kids. Just let them play. Is that too much to ask? Stop trying to take advantage of kids and making a profit out of it.
I can't agree. The PARENTS shouldn't give their children free run of everything. No middle, or even high school CHILD needs a Galaxy S8 Smartphone. And if they do, I'm sure there are ways to restrict what they can do with it. And if not, there SHOULD be.

I can't agree. The PARENTS shouldn't give their children free run of everything. No middle, or even high school CHILD needs a Galaxy S8 Smartphone. And if they do, I'm sure there are ways to restrict what they can do with it. And if not, there SHOULD be.
It's the modern world though. Phones don't lead to accidents like a kid swallowing a lego or something. You can't choke to death on your phone, and there's lesser instance of the kid falling from places since he just sits in a place to play a game. There's a far lower injury risk when you are on a phone or tablet playing games. The only restriction I have on phones on young people is social media, since you can't be sure what your kid would see or learn in these areas. Playing games isn't harmful, and should be a safe haven for kids to just have fun and let their imaginations run wild. Adding options like buying extra lives for real money, buying stronger weapons for real money, etc; would be what's wrong, since it obviously takes advantage of a kid's desire to win/get better.

I'm not denying that, but I refuse to accept that ALL fault relies on Amazon. My point is, parents should be more aware of what their kids are doing, AND buying. :grin:

Back