Amazon's New Lord of the Rings: The Rings of Power

Sauron got no beard.
I was thinking of a different character. Sauron would be a worthy challenge to cosplay. For some reason, I was thinking Aragorn or the wizard characters. Like even the dwarves have beards a lot of them do.

New character, read from CBR:

Amazon Studios announced that Tyroe Muhafidin had been cast as Theo, another new character for the upcoming series. Details surrounding Muhafidin's role remain unknown, but it is the actor's first major role.

Muhafidin joins an expansive cast, including original characters, the silvan elf Arondir played by Ismael Cruz Cordova, Nazanin Boniadi's human healer Bronwyn, the dwarven princess Disa played by Sophia Nomvete, the elven smith Celebrimbor played by Charles Edwards and the human Halbrand, played by Charlie Vickers. The cast also includes Megan Richards, Markella Kavenagh and Sir Lenny Henry, all portraying Hobbit ancestors known as harfoots.

Among these original characters are some familiar faces to the Lord of the Rings mythos previously portrayed by Cate Blanchett, Hugo Weaving and Harry Sinclair in Peter Jackson's film trilogy. Morfydd Clark, Robert Aramayo and Maxim Baldry will portray younger versions of Galadriel, Elrond and Isildur, respectively.

Read from CBR:

Prime Video's The Lord of the Rings: The Rings of Power unveiled its plans for Comic-Con International: San Diego.

The Rings of Power will be coming to San Diego Comic-Con's Hall H stage for the first time in July. The panel will introduce the upcoming series' expansive, international cast, as well as the "new and legendary" characters that will populate the Second Age of Middle-earth. The panel will consist of showrunners and executive producers J.D. Payne and Patrick McKay, as well as executive producers Lindsey Weber, Callum Greene, J.A. Bayona, Belén Atienza, Justin Doble, Jason Cahill, Gennifer Hutchison, Bruce Richmond and Sharon Tal Yguado. Producers Ron Ames and Christopher Newman will join them as well.

Series will have female orcs lol, read from CBR:

Prime Video's The Lord of the Rings: The Rings of Power will offer the first proper depiction of female orcs in Middle-earth.

the orcs seen in the Prime Video series are rather fresh-faced -- at least, in comparison to the orcs seen in Jackson's films. "The way I described it to my team, it's a bit like these are the baby versions. They're not actually babies, but it's them coming out from the darkness," Wilson said. Notably, The Rings of Power is set during the Second Age, thousands of years before the events of the Lord of the Rings trilogy.

"So this is early on," Wilson continued. "So for example, if you go to past films about them, you'll see them and they're quite battle damaged and scarred and all that kind, because there's been lots more battles. This is kind of before the next range of big battles. So there's a lot more smooth texture. There's still wrinkles, and lines, and shape, and form, but they're not so battle scarred, but they are dealing with some skin conditions because of their exposure to the sun. They're coming back out for the first time again. So it's all a bit new. That's why they're not as dark skinned, necessarily not as muscle-y and not as battle worn as you'd seen in previous productions."

Saw new short teaser:

First full trailer:

New trailer is up:

Read from CBR on Jackson got "ghosted":

Peter Jackson, the critically acclaimed director of the Lord of the Rings and The Hobbit trilogies, shared that Amazon Studios ghosted him after promising to send him scripts for The Rings of Power series set in Middle-earth.

Jackson appeared on The Hollywood Reporter's Awards Chatter podcast, where he was asked whether the studio reached out to him about lending his expertise for The Lord of the Rings: The Rings of Power. The director revealed that while he had been contacted, he soon lost touch with those involved in the series. "They asked me if I wanted to be involved -- [writer-producer Fran Walsh] and I -- and I said, 'That’s an impossible question to answer without seeing a script,'" he explained. "So they said, 'As soon as we get the first couple scripts, we’ll send them to you.' And the scripts never showed up. That’s the last thing I heard, which is fine. No complaints at all."

Jackson recalled the same story in an upcoming episode in The Business podcast. "About four, five years ago, they asked if I would be interested in it," the director continuing, "So I said, 'Have you got the scripts yet?' Because I know how hard the scripts were to write for the films, and I didn’t know the people writing their scripts. They said, 'Oh no, we haven’t got the scripts yet, but as soon as we do, we’ll send you the scripts.' So I was waiting for the scripts to arrive, and they never did."

Jackson does not hold a grudge over the situation, however, and appears excited to watch the show as a third party. "I’ll be watching it. I’m not the sort of guy who wishes ill will," he said. "Filmmaking is hard enough. If somebody makes a good film or TV show, it’s something to celebrate. The one thing I am looking forward to is actually seeing it as a perfectly neutral viewer." He also commented that Amazon is clearly “betting the farm on Tolkien," due to the $465 million it has invested to bring the first season of The Lord of the Rings show to life.

Saw the scores on Rotten tomatoes. critics love it but audience score is low causing Amazon to suspend ratings.

The time has come to cancel this show for being so awful. It is unwatchable

Read from CBR Season 2 starts filming:

Season 2Lord of the Rings: The Rings of Power has officially begun filming in Bray Studios outside of London, England.

According to The Hollywood Reporter, Amazon likely switched the filming location from last season's New Zealand because the United Kingdom is a cheaper place to shoot and it's where U.K.-based production company Bray Studios is starting a multi-show hub.

Even though location costs will likely be cheaper for Season 2, it will no doubt still be a very pricey endeavor. Season 1 of The Rings of Power was Prime Video's most expensive season of television yet, costing nearly half a billion dollars to make.

Sauron and His Orcs Army are the definite winners in this one lol

Back