Staff member
Manager
Full GL Member
Awards
Credits
Mature Board Viewing
Unlock full profile styling
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T5Jmxl2XR9k

Check this link it kinda give an over of how good a gfx's or cpu's is. http://www.game-debate.com/hardware/index.php?list=gfxDesktop

Runs all current games.

.Asus DVD/CD Serial ATA Internal OEM DRW-24B1ST $19.99
.Raidmax Altas ATX Mid Tower Case ATX-295WB $39.99.Kingston HyperX Blu 2x4GB DDR3 1333 $20.00 w/$20 rebate
.GIGABYTE GV-N550OC-1GI GeForce GTX 550 Ti 1GB ddr5 $79.99 w/$40 rebate
.AMD Phenom II X6 1090T Processor, Black Edition $169.99
.GABYTE GA-970A-D3 AM3+ AMD 970 SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 ATX .AMD Motherboard $89.99
.OCZ OCZSSD2-1VTXPL120G Vertex Plus 2.5" Solid State Drive - 120GB, SATA II $79.99 W/$70 rebate
.Corsair Professional Series HX620W $20 Craigslist
.640gb WD Blue Already had it.

My total came around $490. I bought my parts from (Amazon, Tigerdirect, Newegg, Craigslist) I can play any game currently out.

This looks like a pretty good computer for $500 for gaming on. I like the case.

He also used Craigslist to buy his power supply which is one of the cheapest places to buy used and new computer parts since many people who sell on Craigslist just want to get rid of their stuff, and not really make a profit.

Rebates are inconvenient to use to save money, but it is faster then waiting for a sale on a computer part, and hard drives from other computers can be reused since all you need to do is install it on your new PC, and you don't have to back up and copy+paste your files like music, movies, etc to a new PC like buying a new hard drive if you use the hard drive for storing files instead of programs.

He also used Craigslist to buy his power supply which is one of the cheapest places to buy used and new computer parts since many people who sell on Craigslist just want to get rid of their stuff, and not really make a profit.

Rebates are inconvenient to use to save money, but it is faster then waiting for a sale on a computer part, and hard drives from other computers can be reused since all you need to do is install it on your new PC, and you don't have to back up and copy+paste your files like music, movies, etc to a new PC like buying a new hard drive if you use the hard drive for storing files instead of programs.

Well yea but usually older HDDs use those tape wires (or whatever they're called) instead of sata cables which are now the standards for mobos.

I think his hard drive is a SATA 2 based hard drive since not many 640GB hard drive use Ribbon/IDE TAPE Cables, and use SATA 2 instead.

His hard drive also has a 16MB Cache and is 7200 RPM according to http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16822136218, so it is still good for most tasks.

OCZ OCZSSD2-1VTXPL120G Vertex Plus 2.5" Solid State Drive - 120GB, SATA II $79.99 W/$70 rebate

He also uses a SSD for his operating system drive, so he probably won't see much of a performance boost by upgrading his hard drive.

Back