Wii An interesting look at Project HAMMER, a cancelled Wii game

CM30

Gaming Latest Admin and Gaming Reinvented Owner
Full GL Member
Awards
Credits
Not sure if you've seen these yet, but Tamaki of Unseen64 has posted two really interesting videos looking at the turbulent development history of Project HAMMER, a cancelled Wii game:

It's an interesting 'series', and definitely shows another side of Nintendo in some sense. But what do you think?

huh, yeah it's a bummer that the wii generation sort of piddled out for Nintendo. It felt like they came in with a new idea, as gimmicky as it was, but then decided to mostly play it safe with the games that they released.

huh, yeah it's a bummer that the wii generation sort of piddled out for Nintendo. It felt like they came in with a new idea, as gimmicky as it was, but then decided to mostly play it safe with the games that they released.

I know what you mean. The whole generation seems like it was full of wasted ideas and potential. They started out good, then basically went back to the Gamecube.

I know what you mean. The whole generation seems like it was full of wasted ideas and potential. They started out good, then basically went back to the Gamecube.
And unfortunately it's looking like it may be a recurring scenario with Nintendo, now in its 3rd iteration of same old. Is it them growing complacent with the product being profitable? It seems rather short sighted to me.

And unfortunately it's looking like it may be a recurring scenario with Nintendo, now in its 3rd iteration of same old. Is it them growing complacent with the product being profitable? It seems rather short sighted to me.

Nah, it happens even when their products aren't profitable, like the Wii U (or Gamecube before that).

Never saw this game before just now, it's a shame that it is canceled. It looks like it would of been pretty good.

Back