Switch And they said it wouldn't happen - Pokemon Switch

Marc

Full GL Member
Awards
Credits
I'm thinking Nintendo really twisted their arms on this one. Though I wonder what graphic approach they will take for this? A full HD game or something with less graphics?

I honestly hope for a full HD game that's a core RPG. But they could go so many different ways with this. I'm just going to wait and enjoy the surprises they have in store.

I don't remember them ever saying it wouldn't happen, and most people kind of predicted it would the minute the Switch was shown to be a hybrid console.

Either way, it's nice to see it become a reality.

It will never happen, but I'd be down for something similar to an HD version of Red and Blue. Use a very similar art style (very simplistic) for the overworld that makes use of all the colors we have today. Use detailed sprites for battle, and please make the up close sprites of your Pokemon detailed (not like previous titles where the backsprite was just a blown up mess of the regular sprite).

3D was never a big attraction for me with Pokemon, so I don't mind going back to 2D. Just give us some really detailed Pokemon sprites.

There'd probably be a huge backlash against GF if they did this so I don't expect I'll ever see my dream Pokemon game. I also never expected a remaster of Shadow of the Colossus but I guess some dreams do come true.

If they do go for a full HD render of a pokemon game that will take forever if you consider all the pokemon models they will have to make.

Oh, don't worry. I hear Pokemon Sun and Moon's models are much higher poly than you'd notice in the 3DS versions. I heard they made them at a much better quality than they actually use just in case stuff like this happened.

If they do go for a full HD render of a pokemon game that will take forever if you consider all the pokemon models they will have to make.
Luckily that won't take hardly any time. The models they already use are very high quality, they just look rough in game because of how low res the 3DS screen is. Check out this video with the models in full 1080p. This is probably what they will look like on the Switch unless they change up the art style.

It will never happen, but I'd be down for something similar to an HD version of Red and Blue. Use a very similar art style (very simplistic) for the overworld that makes use of all the colors we have today. Use detailed sprites for battle, and please make the up close sprites of your Pokemon detailed (not like previous titles where the backsprite was just a blown up mess of the regular sprite).

3D was never a big attraction for me with Pokemon, so I don't mind going back to 2D. Just give us some really detailed Pokemon sprites.

There'd probably be a huge backlash against GF if they did this so I don't expect I'll ever see my dream Pokemon game. I also never expected a remaster of Shadow of the Colossus but I guess some dreams do come true.
I really like this idea. That attracted me to the Pokemon games a lot. Uggh. I hated that. It was lazy artwork on the editors' part. I want them to show they care. 3D was okay, but the interest I had in it burned out over time. It's being used too much as a marketing tactic nowadays. Let's return to the originals, Nintendo! :p:smirk:

As long as they change the rock-paper-scissor type of battle, I'm interested. It's been the same old thing since Pokemon Yellow: lightning beats water, water beats rock, etc; I want to actually order Pokemon to dodge; control their movement, or like in the show, let them fight on their own with you giving input every now and then. Right now it's just the same formula with different Pokemon, and it's getting a bit tiring.

As long as they change the rock-paper-scissor type of battle, I'm interested. It's been the same old thing since Pokemon Yellow: lightning beats water, water beats rock, etc; I want to actually order Pokemon to dodge; control their movement, or like in the show, let them fight on their own with you giving input every now and then. Right now it's just the same formula with different Pokemon, and it's getting a bit tiring.
544056-nintendo-pokken-tournament-dx.jpg

Back