Angel Beats!

Lleyn

Beep
Full GL Member
Awards
Credits
I'm not usually the person to get sad and cry while watching a Anime or reading a Manga. But this Anime, I would have to say it made me laugh, it made me cry, and it made satisfied. Angel Beats is a 13 episode must watch for any Anime enthusiast out there, especially if you like drama and action.

The Anime starts off with Otanashi waking up right in the middle of the battlefield where there's a girl (Yuri) pointing the gun right at a white haired girl (Kanade). Funny ehh. Otanashi later learn that he's dead and the world he's in is where the young, who received a miserable life, go to receive a second chance at achieving their dreams. Otanashi then starts to learn about everyone's before-death miserable life. Almost every story made me shed a tear. They were all pretty sad, not to mention depressing. (but this is where I'll stop as a main story recap).

Before I move on, I would like to talk about the setting that this Anime took place in. The world is the afterlife for miserable teens and kids. And there are 3 kinds of beings there, the Humans, the NPC (Non player controlled beings), and the guys I would like to call shadows. The NPC are not living and they are doomed to live forever in the afterlife just to occupy it. The Shadows... you'll learn it on your own. And the Humans, they are the ones experiencing the afterlife. And in the afterlife, you can't die. You get cut in three, you'll get better, you get stabbed in the heard, you'll walk out alive... so there you go.

If you didn't get sad, then you're incredibly cold. Yes, all the stories told by the humans are incredibly sad. They either failed at life, got everything token away from them or basically, never had luck. And it's pretty detailed, as far as I'm concerned. I really enjoyed this part. And yes, there are the comic relief, they're all funny... enough to make you go LMFAO.

The animation was also very good. Some even made me feel what was going on. And seriously, it was all fun. The gun animation was decent, the Shadow animation wad great, the close combat scenes also use CG animation.

The sound was also great, why? I don't know but everything matched, nothing sounded off “beat”. And, again, the sound did a very good job adding suspense and feel to the stories being told by the characters...

Talking about characters... I almost forgot. Every character here is unique. Some are power demanding, some are shy, and most are “idiots” (I didn't say it, the Anime did). In other words, they are diverse, there isn't one character alike.... well... when you exclude the NPC. And each one have their set of depressive life story, which I keep saying over and over again. You'll know what im talking about when you see so for yourself.

Overall, the Anime was epic, it had some shonen elements, but it didn't go as far as creating a fully fledged hero with the capability of infinite potential. And the Anime also had its moments of fun and sadness (which I want more). But it all ended well, it wasn't rushed, and I really enjoyed this Anime.

If it doesn't make you cry it should at least get you sad. What i love about this anime is that it know how to play with people's minds and make them feel different things, the background music is also perfect to accompany these moments.

I can't lie, the ending did kind of choke me up a bit. But the series also got kind of boring at the end but the first few episodes were epic and funny.

memento, i think i get the grasp about the anime you like...
Try this...
Clannad
and Clannad After Story
i think there are some similiarity in them..
In song..... or in the author...
Actually i can't be sure but i'm sure after watching Clannad After Story you will be touched by the story inside of it!
I didn't recommend you to watch Clannad After Story immediately cause it's the continuation of Clannad
Many people didn't get it after watching Clannad after story cause they didn't know what's happening in clannad.
well.... just try it...
The main character in Clannad is Okazaki Tomoya. Clannad is the story about his school life and Clannad after story is about what he do after he graduates.
Just try to watch this.... and i'm sure...
this story won't let you down!

Thanks, and i actually watch almost any anime as long as its well made, except sport anime series :p
why you're watching sport animes?
some of them are great!
And this season's sport anime is good either...
Try this.. "Kuroko No Basket"
I'm sure you will change the way you view about sport animes...
Or.. it just you simply do not like sport?
Some of my friends are the same actually...
And based from your sentence.... i think that you've been watching anime for years huh?
Welcome to otaku world.. heheh...
how many years has it been since the first time you started watching animes?

I started watching anime series seriously 5 years ago. Finished Full Metal Alchemist in 3 days.
....... 3 days?
wow... you're sure taking your time to watch it huh?
is it in holiday? I think the total of full metal alchemist consists of 50 episodes or more....
then the total watch time is.... 1200 minutes or more....
quite brutal for watching it...
I like your spirit!

Angel Beats is great. I highly recommend checking out the 2006 Kanon anime and Clannad, both animes based on Visual Novels that Jun Maeda (basically the main guy behind Angel Beats) has worked on, if you haven't seen them already.

Angel Beats is great. I highly recommend checking out the 2006 Kanon anime and Clannad, both animes based on Visual Novels that Jun Maeda (basically the main guy behind Angel Beats) has worked on, if you haven't seen them already.
Havent heard about Kanon but that will be added to my list.

Back