Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Awards
Credits
Steal Penalty
You're Rich Money Bags Award
Profile Music
They are crazy, they are looney, they are coming back!

Rejoice, for Animaniacs is getting a two-season revival on Hulu, the company announced today.

Hulu is teaming up with Warner Bros. Animation and Amblin Television to bring back the Peabody Award-winning animated comedy. New episodes will begin rolling out sometime in 2020 in what will be Hulu's first family-oriented original series.

The new seasons will once again focus on Warner brothers Yakko and Wakko and sister Dot. The trio has escaped Warner Bros. water tower after being locked up in there for quite a while. With their new-found freedom, Yakko, Wakko, and Dot begin causing plenty of chaos. Fan-favorite characters Pinky and the Brain will also make appearances in each new episode.

Steven Spielberg will executive produce the reboot with Warner Bros. Animation president Sam Register, and Amblin Television co-presidents Justin Falvey and Darryl Frank. No word yet if the original cast of Rob Paulsen, Jess Harnell, Tress MacNeille, Maurice LaMarche, and Sherri Stoner will return.

I was going to say I have no hope for this, buuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuut it will be produced by Steven Spielberg and that does give me hope. I really hope the original cast. or a lot of the original cast comes back.

I was going to say I have no hope for this, buuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuut it will be produced by Steven Spielberg and that does give me hope. I really hope the original cast. or a lot of the original cast comes back.

ditto, me and my family still love this series. It's classic like many other golden shows and sitcoms from back in the day. I really hope the new season still has the charm and love.

Golden shows? I thought you were talking about a movie series. May be I got it wrong.

Looking Good indeed with the original voice cast.

Just read this from CBR:

Next month, the beloved 1990s cartoon Animaniacs will return with new episodes for the first time in over two decades. With a new home on Hulu, the revival series will feature many of the original voice actors in their classic roles, including Rob Paulsen (Yakko and Pinky), Jess Harnell (Wakko), Tress MacNeille (Dot) and Maurice LaMarche (Brain).

However, one glaring omission from the list of returning talent is Animaniacs creator Tom Ruegger. Along with the rest of the original writing team, Ruegger has not been invited back for the revival series -- and he's apparently not happy about it.

Hulu recently released the first clip of the Animaniacs reboot, and Ruegger’s son, Nate (who also voiced Skippy Squirrel in the original series), was quick to tweet his disappointment. Spoofing a classic scene from the original Jurassic Park, the clip shows paleontologists Alan Grant and Ellie Sattler marveling over the reappearance of the long-extinct Animaniacs. Paraphrasing his iconic line, the lawyer exclaims, “We’re gonna make a fortune with this show.”

While acknowledging the reference, Nate Ruegger points out the distaste of such a statement, claiming “the naked greed on display here to reboot a series without involving any of the original creative team so they can make *more* money, & then joke about it, is gross.” While Tom Ruegger has so far remained silent on the latest announcement, he did retweet his son’s statement, seemingly expressing his agreement. Ruegger has also retweeted similar sentiments from fans going as far back as 2018. In January 2018, Ruegger shared a tweet from fan Adam Cole reading, “It is absurd that @tomruegger isn't involved in the #Animaniacs reboot. He created something truly special and it won't be the same without him.”

Despite the protests of Ruegger and his son Nate, Hulu is, for the time being, moving forward with a new set of writers and showrunner. Fans, meanwhile, continue to express their disappointment via Twitter and have even started a petition to bring the original creative team back on board.

Saw a new trailer lol:

Season 2 date:

This was a cartoon, along with Tiny Toons, I loved watching several times. It was just hilarious! I didn't hear of any remake but I checked out the trailer. The voices don't sound like they were the original actors & actress that voiced them in the 1990's. It may be hard pressed to have the same people commit to this being so long after the original. I don't have Hulu but hopefully it will come out on other services so I can watch it.

Back