Anime Fans

Sasori

Akatsuki
Awards
Credits
Greetings, Sasori here. I was wondering if we have any otakus or basic anime fans here. If so, what are your favorite animes, favorite battles, favorite characters, etc.? I'd love to hear all of what y'all have to say! And another thing, if you'd seen my profile already, you'll be able to tell pretty much all of my basic interests, etc. as well as animes. If not, then feel free to ask!

NOTE: If there is already a thread over this, I am very sorry. You may lock on site. I could've searched to see if there were... however I don't think I can come up with a good enough excuse if there was already a thread haha.

Last edited by a moderator:
hmm... favorite is a difficult choice. it would be a three way tie at best, between gintama, neon genesis evangelion, and fullmetla alchemist. they're all different, so i have a hard time saying one is better than the other. i've been watching gargantia on the verdurous planet recently though, and i reeeeeally like it.

edit: also, Pokemon :grin:.

oooh let's see....

my all time favorite so far has been Sword Art Online, although One Piece comes a close second (I caught up to the current episodes a few weeks back)

after that?... Fairy Tail. It's brilliant, though it's been put on hiatus until sometime next year.

after that there's Clannad, Zero No Tsukaima and Boku Wa Tomodachi Ga Sukunai, among a few others.

I WANT to get into anime, but I don't know where to start, given that I'm not into anime...

... what should I start with? A few varied suggestions? Maybe? I'm not picky on the theme!

I WANT to get into anime, but I don't know where to start, given that I'm not into anime...

... what should I start with? A few varied suggestions? Maybe? I'm not picky on the theme!

Bro, you gotta watch Monster. It's one of the best animes ever, in my honest opinion.

It's so good I was on the verge of tears. True story.

I haven't seen any anime in a a while. I used to really into anime, but then I just got kind of bored of it. I used to watch Naruto, FMA, and Bleach, you know? Some of the mainstream stuff.

fullmetal alchemist: brotherhood is what did it for me. gintama is really funny, but there are a lot of episodes.

I watched a lot of anime, but once I got a job I've been at a lacking.

Now I like to break my anime into different groups that make almost no sense.

First off the action anime where there's lots of fighting.

Darker Than Black is really good. The powers they have are amazing and one guy kind of looks like Link which is kind of cool.

Soul Eater, even though it's more of a comedy, still has a good action story line, and it's pretty awesome.

High School of the Dead. I like it for the zombie fighting more than the fan service, but it's nice too.

Full Metal Alchemist Brotherhood. I watched the first series, but Brotherhood is better. I'd love to have the alchemy power of Roy Mustang.

Kurokami. I can't say anything without runing the plot really, but omg you have to watch it. The concept of three people who look the same until the other two die making the remaining one the stonger one really cool.

Next up is cute/romance. Shut up I like romance anime's. So freaking sue me.

Clannad. It has its funny moments and its romantic moments and it's all around good.

Chobits. Not really romance, but kind of. I would love to have a computer that looks like a girl.

Rosario Vampire. I have my soft spots for anime vampire girls. Don't know why, but I do. *nods*

Please Teacher. It's about a kid who falls in love with his teacher, but it has a twist I will not give a way.

Please Twins. It's in the same universe as Please Teacher and takes place much time after so watch Please Teacher first. I should have and was confused 80% of the time. However it's about a guy who learns he has a twin and two different girls claim to be his twin and they both fall in love with him, even though one of them is his sister... I just realized how weird this sounds...

Then there's the cute where there's not really romance involved, but it does get dirty at times.

Bludgeoning Angel Dokuro-Chan is really perverted, but it's just really funny too. So it works.

Elfen Lied. Ok maybe this isn't the right catagory, but really anyone who's seen it will know why. Though the action in it is pretty good.

Next up school life anime.

Lucky Star. A cult classic, but still good.

The Meloncholy of Haruhi Suzumiya. Also a cult classic, but is still good. Gets referenced a lot in Lucky Star.

Other animes that I can't find catagories for.

Durarara. It's a pretty chill anime about gangs, but it's really hard to get into. Though once you get past the first ten episodes, it's amazing.

Deadman Wonderland. It's wonderful. It's about a kid who is wrongfully acused of murdering his classmates and he goes to the worst jail ever. Anyone who's seen this as well will agree there needs to be a second season... now.

Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha. It's about a girl with magic powers. ROB 2.0 told me about this and I'm glad he did. It's better than it sounds. Believe me.

Then you got the classics.

Dragonball and Dragonball Z. Not Dragonball GT though. I couldn't stand it.

Pokemon... up until Diamond and Peral though.

Anyway here's my anime list incase I missed some.

http://myanimelist.net/animelist/DarkYoungLink

I don't think I did, but still. Just to give you an idea.

Partial anime fan. I have an appreciation for it, but i've always been into the more cartoonish stuff.

In NO partucular order:

• Dragon Ball
  • Naruto
  • Full Metal Alchemist
  • Bleach
  • One Piece
  • Highschool of the Dead
  • Sword Art Online
  • That new series of Giants killings the little remaining of the human race....
  • Deadman Wonderland
  • forgot the name of the killer notebook one.... AH! Deadnote (or something like that)
  • Ragnarok the Animation

My all time favorite anime is One Piece!

Just recently started watching durarara, trigun, and soul eater. Does anyone have any horror suggestions? I've seen high school of the dead...and loved it. Will there be a second season?

Just recently started watching durarara, trigun, and soul eater. Does anyone have any horror suggestions? I've seen high school of the dead...and loved it. Will there be a second season?

I heard that the second season of HoD is coming this October.

I heard that the second season of HoD is coming this October.

Thank you lord! My friend and I saw the first season on Netflix, and loved it. We're really looking forward to the second season.

Anyways, here's the list of animes I've seen: Black Butler, Elfen Lied, Chrome Shelled Regios, Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood, Darker Than Black, Soul Eater, Witchblade, Angel Beats!, Highschool of the Dead: Season 1, Deadman Wonderland, Casshern Sins, and Sekirei. I'm currently working on Chobits, Bleach, Naruto, and Eureka 7.

I'm not really into anime anymore, but I used to watch many in the past (I'm mostly into manga now). I followed many series like One Piece, Naruto (first series only), Pokémon (til the very first episodes of B/W), and enjoyed a lot suff like Fullmetal Alchemist, Gurren Lagann and Sayonara Zetsubou Sensei. But my favorite ones will always be Cowboy Bebop, Baccano!, and Serial Experiments Lain. I like Spike Spiegel's laid-back attitute as a character and the two Elric brothers for their strong determination.

Hmn, maybe I could start watching something again...

I strongly reccomend One Piece if you want something that'll last you ages. it has a good mix of action, comedy and some sad parts too.

I used to live and breathe anime and manga back in the day but it's toned down now that I'm older. Not that I don't enjoy them anymore, but I'm busy with other things. That said, I tend to get back into anime/manga in short bursts at a time (viewing marathons).

My all-time favorites:

- Yu Yu Hakusho (what got me into anime in the first place)

- Fushigi Yuugi (disparaged now but was wildly popular back in the day)

- Hayao Miyazaki movies (Spirited Away, Nausicaa, Howl's Moving Castle)

- Full Metal Alchemist (both the old version and brotherhood version)

- Neon Genesis Evangelion

- Hunter X Hunter

- Noir (great characters and lovely, lovely music)

Current favorites:

- Kuroshitsuji

- Mawaru Penguin Drum (weird anime, but it's one of the few that actually affected me- in an awesome way- after watching)

- Sword Art Online (although the 2nd half ruined it for me)

I read more manga than anime so if I listed my favorite mangas it would be MUCH longer.

Back