Any Good IT Certs that can help me get into Cyber Security?

Revolved101

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Awards
Credits
$50 Steam Gift Card
Hi everyone

so as the thread states is there any IT Certs that can help get secure an Cyber security job I know CompTIA Security+ is good but is there any other ones out there that you would recommend I already got my Google Cybersecurity Professional Certificate badge a few months ago More info on this course click here

Sec+ is an entry level cert, and it just sets the groundwork for cybersecurity. That’s why the US DoD hands it out like candy (they do have to actually pass the test). but there’s stuff like CYSA+, CASP+, SSCP, CSSP, OSCP, GCIH. I would recommend researching the field and building out a roadmap on what you want to do, as that gives you a game plan on what certs to get. I know we had this conversation before, but just grabbing random certs left and right isn’t going to help.

Also look at what employers are looking for cert and experience wise. Not to be rude, but that Google cert isn’t exactly sought after. Also, it’s a certificate and not a certification. So while it looks like semantics at face value, it makes a huge difference.

One big thing to note is that cyber security is generally not an entry level position.

I have Sec+ and CYSA+

Last edited:
Back