any one into Anime?

I used to watch a lot of anime when I was in high school, but I haven't watched any for about 2 years now. Though my favorites were Darker Than Black, The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya, Soul Eater, Rosario Vampire, and Full Metal Alchemist.

I've never really gotten out of the realm of the toonami stuff from my childhood. I've been thinking of giving some new stuff a go (via netflix), but a lot of current anime is cringy to just outright embarrassing at best. I'd like to watch an anime that's actually entertaining without the need to go out of its wa to make me question what i'm watching. I'll get to it eventually, I suppose.

I grew up with Pokémon, Toonami faithful fan, and an honest anime fan who will try anything online... As long as I can watch it in a full schedule unless it's a short series? (I only Marathon long running shows.) Like One Piece. For the life of me. I can't seem to watch a shorter series unless it's on a television network that I can watch in a weekly schedule.

(Example Toonami on Saturday nights.)

Yep.

Dragon Ball Z is where it's at baby. But DB is also a lot of fun. I kinda prefer DB now, it had a story that was going somewhere. DBZ turned into massive strong dudes fighting super fast as opposed to Dragon Ball's more focused approach on fighting styles over brute strength.

Dragon Ball Z is where it's at baby. But DB is also a lot of fun. I kinda prefer DB now, it had a story that was going somewhere. DBZ turned into massive strong dudes fighting super fast as opposed to Dragon Ball's more focused approach on fighting styles over brute strength.
I agree with that. I remember when I was younger I loved Dragon Ball Z more, but about 3 years ago I watched all 180ish episodes of Dragon Ball and I loved it more because it didn't focus on raw power and Goku wasn't the strongest thing in the series, nor did he ever become the most powerful. Then DBZ happened and made Goku basically invincible.

I've watched some of them, enough to make a MAL list, hahah.

Some of my favourite are Full metal Alchemist Brotherhood, Disgaea, and from my childhood Ranma 1/2.
Dragonball is understimated by many. I think it has a lot of charm so it is refreshing to read some appreciation. :)

I want to complete Cow Boy Bebop and Ruroni kenshin.

I'm into some anime, but my favorite series of all is Higurashi no Naku Koro ni, even though I got into the series from the manga. I'm slowly getting into Kill la Kill since I decided to watch the first episode months ago and thought it was quite cool. I've seen some Dragon Ball Z before too. I'd recently got a Dragon Ball Z hoodie for Christmas, so now, I feel like a saiyan warrior. I'm thinking about watch an anime called Angel Beats sometime in the future.

The first ever anime I got into was a manga of Attack on Titan that I read in early 2014.

I've been into anime ever since I caught my first episode of Sailor Moon on the Saturday morning cartoons. There was a noticeable difference between Scooby Doo and Sailor Moon. It interested me so, as I grew older, I began to branch out to other anime. Ranging from anything that aired on Toonami to subbed anime on stream sites. I've seen quite a lot of anime over the years so picking a favorite or even a group of favored shows would be difficult. If I had to, I'd say Toradora! is one of them. I have an affinity for RomComs. Black Butler just recently made its way to the list. Darker Than Black was absolutely terrific and will forever hold a place in my heart. Death Note, despite my aggravation, is on the list. I can't really think of another one that stands out so much.

So my top four is Toradora!, Black Butler, Darker Than Black, and Death Note. I enjoy most of the anime I've watched but these four had everything I like in an anime and then some. Basically, I enjoy RomComs and dark/demon anime. That's kind of like night and day but, alas, tis this accursed taste of mine.

I'm a big fan of course, been a fan of anime since the golden Toonami days.

I love anime though I don't watch as much as I used to.

As for my favorites right now that would be Sailor Moon and Sailor Moon Crystal.

Back