Any WoW vanilla players here?

m33kuh

Credits
Hey you guys.

I just want to ask if some of you guys here are playing or was playing vanilla WoW or TBC? And which server were you playing? Now this is obviously a private server since Blizz went full throttle with Legion.

I was playing this server called HellGround and I think they already have shut down since I wasn't able to play for some time. But I'm really looking forward to play again, probably TBC expansion. I just miss the old days..

Yes! I used to play a lot of World of Warcraft. I started around 2-3 months after World of Warcraft first launched. I was still so young though, haha. I remember convincing my father to let me buy the game and pay for my subscription. It was a first game that I ever paid a sub for but it was truly worth it.

I played from vanilla and all the way up to Mists of Pandaria. I quit after MoP because I just lost the interest and I felt like I had to invest too much of my time to be relevant in the game. I prefer bit more casual games nowadays. I definitely still remember the old 40 men raids though! It took me ages for my hunter to get the hunter's bow from Molten Core, I think it was called Rhokdelar? Or something, it was the best bow in the game at the time (you had to get an item from the MC boss then did a long chain of quests).

I was in High school when the boom of WoW made the trends with people who could afford home internet. Most of the time it was on computer shops and even in school computer labs; but at the end of the day unless you have access to the internet at home and you can play at least 5 hours daily, the game wasn't worth it. Online games aren't worth it when you don't have a consistent source of internet, since people will leave you behind and you will struggle just to keep up with quests because of time constraints on your end.

I've never played WoW, but I always wanted to. However, I had dial up when it came out so it wasn't worth getting. Then, I was too poor in high school to afford it when I had good internet, and now that I'm an adult who can afford WoW with decent internet, I just absolutely don't have the time to play it. Maybe when I'm a retired old man with good internet who can afford WoW with plenty of time on his hands (assuming it's still around) I'll get around to trying it.

Been a big fan of World of Warcraft from the start, and have been playing on and off after a period of being super addicted. I wasn't a fan of where the game was heading with all the expansions and updates so I looked into private servers as well. While I don't play vanilla, I was a fan up to the Wrath of the Lich King expansion so I looked for those servers. I had found a site called Warmane, and they actually have Blizz-like servers with 1x leveling and everything, unlike some which instantly give you max level or have ridiculous rates. I hop by now and again when I have the time.

Yes! I used to play a lot of World of Warcraft. I started around 2-3 months after World of Warcraft first launched. I was still so young though, haha. I remember convincing my father to let me buy the game and pay for my subscription. It was a first game that I ever paid a sub for but it was truly worth it.

I played from vanilla and all the way up to Mists of Pandaria. I quit after MoP because I just lost the interest and I felt like I had to invest too much of my time to be relevant in the game. I prefer bit more casual games nowadays. I definitely still remember the old 40 men raids though! It took me ages for my hunter to get the hunter's bow from Molten Core, I think it was called Rhokdelar? Or something, it was the best bow in the game at the time (you had to get an item from the MC boss then did a long chain of quests).

Yay! Good ol' days~ It was very fun though. I can see that you have drained some of years of your life just by playing WoW, which is nonetheless, worth it. XD I also bought a subscription before on TBC expansion I think but I did not continue. I played for like 3-4 months. I lost interest when they decided to upgrade to WotLK. I don't know, maybe I got used to TBC because of it's perfection by that time.

I remember Molten Core but I don't remember that item. I just miss those raids. BT, MH, SSC, TK, and many more, so much fun. Now I can't remember the places but if I try to play again, for sure those memories will come rushing in. ;)

I was in High school when the boom of WoW made the trends with people who could afford home internet. Most of the time it was on computer shops and even in school computer labs; but at the end of the day unless you have access to the internet at home and you can play at least 5 hours daily, the game wasn't worth it. Online games aren't worth it when you don't have a consistent source of internet, since people will leave you behind and you will struggle just to keep up with quests because of time constraints on your end.

Those days, I can still remember them. Mind you I live in a low-class family but I can always afford to play the game. I did not even have my own computer back then. I was renting in a nearby computer shop.

Indeed, if you don't have stable internet, you are wasting your time playing the game because you can't get much out of it. Sometimes I feel jealous to those kids who are playing all day and all night because they have a rich family. /sob

I've never played WoW, but I always wanted to. However, I had dial up when it came out so it wasn't worth getting. Then, I was too poor in high school to afford it when I had good internet, and now that I'm an adult who can afford WoW with decent internet, I just absolutely don't have the time to play it. Maybe when I'm a retired old man with good internet who can afford WoW with plenty of time on his hands (assuming it's still around) I'll get around to trying it.
We all have that feeling man. I sometimes want to play WoW again but when I think about playing it, I will think twice by then. I don't know if I can commit to the game anymore. If you want to play for fun then you can just play funservers where there are instant levels and items but the true essence of playing WoW comes from getting killed by a level 2 wolf or chased by murlocs.

Those days, I can still remember them. Mind you I live in a low-class family but I can always afford to play the game. I did not even have my own computer back then. I was renting in a nearby computer shop.

Indeed, if you don't have stable internet, you are wasting your time playing the game because you can't get much out of it. Sometimes I feel jealous to those kids who are playing all day and all night because they have a rich family. /sob
I know the feeling. I had a crappy PC and didn't have internet growing up. I remember having to choose between installing Windows XP or Age of Mythology, because my goddamn hard drive was only 2 GB. Now my hard drive is 2 TB. I still play old games from back then like Red Alert 2 and Age of Mythology as a reminder of where I came from.

I know the feeling. I had a crappy PC and didn't have internet growing up. I remember having to choose between installing Windows XP or Age of Mythology, because my goddamn hard drive was only 2 GB. Now my hard drive is 2 TB. I still play old games from back then like Red Alert 2 and Age of Mythology as a reminder of where I came from.
Wahaha. But I don't quite understand, why would you choose, wait, hahahahahahaha. I mean why would you choose between installing an OS with a game? Isn't installing an OS mandatory? I mean, you can't play without an OS. Haha. I literally laughed out so hard.

It's ironic isn't it? How things went and change so freakin' fast. 2GB was so big way back then. Now having a 1 TB seems like too little for all these new files and softwares taking up so much space. :/

Wahaha. But I don't quite understand, why would you choose, wait, hahahahahahaha. I mean why would you choose between installing an OS with a game? Isn't installing an OS mandatory? I mean, you can't play without an OS. Haha. I literally laughed out so hard.

It's ironic isn't it? How things went and change so freakin' fast. 2GB was so big way back then. Now having a 1 TB seems like too little for all these new files and softwares taking up so much space. :/
Windows 98 was lower, but the password security was so crappy, all you had to do was press the X button on the right corner and you can get in. I was living near my relatives and they could have easily use it without my permission, so the password was definitely a must. So it was either get Windows 98 and have the game, while your relatives poke around it while you're away, or install XP and not have enough space for games.

THE STRUGGLE IS REAL.

Windows 98 was lower, but the password security was so crappy, all you had to do was press the X button on the right corner and you can get in. I was living near my relatives and they could have easily use it without my permission, so the password was definitely a must. So it was either get Windows 98 and have the game, while your relatives poke around it while you're away, or install XP and not have enough space for games.

THE STRUGGLE IS REAL.
The struggle indeed was real back then. But now the only problem that you will be worrying is the ransomware. Haha.

Back