Anybody else having trouble getting their mega stones from Gamestop?

Brunn

Arwing Pilot
Full GL Member
Awards
Credits
So my hubby and I went out to get the mega stones to go along with Pinsir and Heracross from Gamestop today and had all kinds of problems. They kept trying to tell us that we HAD to preorder the game from Gamestop to get the codes, which is NOT true. There's a poster that's a preorder bonus, but the Mega Stone codes are available to anyone who comes in to ask.

My husband finally had to get angry and accuse the employee of lying to us (There's a whole Reddit thread discussing how there's an internal memo stating that the codes are available to anyone, but some Gamestops are using them to force preorders on unsuspecting people) and the guy finally gave us codes to get us out of his face.

It's like, come on guys, a mega stone event like this isn't the kind of preorder bonus that Nintendo would make available ONLY through one company- they aren't that stupid. I would have been happy to preorder there usually, but we got a Best Buy Gamers Club membership with our PS4 purchase, so we need to use it for the discount for now. It's more the principal of the thing, you know? I hate being lied too, whether it was intentional or unknowing on the employees part. Shame on any Gamestop for pulling this crap.

Gamestop in America must suck. They're actually quite a good company in Ireland

I haven't previously had an issue with them before here... I'd like to assume that the employees are just mistaken, and it's either overzealous managers, or the memo just isn't crystal clear that the mega stone code is NOT a preorder bonus. Alas, I wouldn't put it past anyone to try and rip anyone else off lol.

Awe man that sucks. I hope I can get there before the offer ends because I still need to pre order both. So if you must pre order according to gamestop then i'll be fine :p

Back