Anybody remember the Gex series for Nintendo 64?

Agent 47

Agent 47
Awards
Credits
One of my favorites games made by Nintendo. Anyone else played this game? Or does anyone here still play Nintendo 64, SNES, SEGA, or PS1 games? I will buy Gex: Enter the Gecko for N64 for any price below $10. I HAVE TO HAVE THIS GAME. I almost cried when I figured out it didn't work anymore, it was a special game to me in my childhood. I would play it while my mom was passed out... Never mind about my mom, she had... a few problems. Anyway, it helped me get through some tough times, and I was wandering if anybody had it? PLEASE. Oh, and Deep Cover Gecko, or any of the other games are fine too. As long as they work.

I remember the Gex series for PSX that later had 2 of the 4 games PORTED to N64, if that is what you mean. I prefer the original Gex and Gex 2 for PSX before he became "3D"

I fee like I'm trapped in Boy George's pants...

Is one of the only lines I remember from the game. Like I played it when I was 7 and I loved it, even though I never saw past the 3rd level. I mean I also kind of remember other jokes like, "Will Cheech and or Chong please report to the front desk?"

Of course when I was 7 I didn't know who Boy George was. Nor did I know Cheech or Chong for that matter. xD

@Vince- HE WENT 3D?! THE SERIES ISN'T DEAD?! @Dark Young Link- I can relate to you since I can barely remember any of it. Except I can't remember if I got past the third level either. lol. I just dug the game system and the game out of my closet, the game was filled with dirt... :/ All my game systems work though.

@Vince- HE WENT 3D?! THE SERIES ISN'T DEAD?! @Dark Young Link- I can relate to you since I can barely remember any of it. Except I can't remember if I got past the third level either. lol. I just dug the game system and the game out of my closet, the game was filled with dirt... :/ All my game systems work though.

No, the series is long-since dead. The original 2 were sidescroll platformers. Then the 3rd game was called Gex 3D and then Gex Enter the Gecko and one other followed. the last three played like Mario 64 rather than Super Mario World. I prefered the first 2 - not that any of them were bad - they were all great , each in their own special ways.

@DYL: The brochure said Beverly Hills or Jason's" *Said if you stand still at the entrance to the haunted house - Gex's way of saying Jason Vorheiz (sp) house is less scary than Beverly Hills.

I thought it was Jason Vorhees? Is it really spelled that way? I've watched every movie from the series. And I had no idea. Anyway, getting back on topic, I have never heard of Gex 3D... I've played every game in the series except that one. What system is the 3D for? And the following was Deepcover Gecko wasn't it?

Gex 2: Enter the gecko was probably my favorite of the three games (it's a full 3d game). The game was voiced by two different people depending on your region. The uk and american actors were different. The Gex series will always hold a special place in my gaming library.

I've only ever played Gex 2 and 3. Never the first one (the sidescroller).

-Gex 2: Enter the Gecko (PSX versio nis superior to the n64 version by a looong shot)

-Gex 3: Deep Cover Gecko (played originally on the psx but I have it on the PSP as well.

I thought it was Jason Vorhees? Is it really spelled that way? I've watched every movie from the series. And I had no idea. Anyway, getting back on topic, I have never heard of Gex 3D... I've played every game in the series except that one. What system is the 3D for? And the following was Deepcover Gecko wasn't it?

I put " (sp)" after the name, that denotes "spell check please", so it is probably Vorhees as you said. I'm not a Ft13 fan so I wouldn't know.

Gex2 was Enter the Gecko and was the first 3D one. Then there was the Deepcover Gecko and him later appearing in Hotshots Golf 2 which I also had for PSX, and I feel like there was another one but maybe I am just thinking of the GBA game remake of 3 which felt completely different to me.

Damn, I miss the series. And, btw, there was a Gex 4. But I can't remember what it was called. I think Gex should be revived. 5 stars. Freaking love the series. You think it might come out on PS4 or X-BOX One?

i kind of remember that game

such a weird game! I had a demo of it when I was a kid, we used to get a free demo CD with a playstation magazine or something

I was pretty young at the time so I just rememeber bits and pieces lol i remember the moving stop sign and weird music...good times

Back