Anyone else get disappointed by stuff in games you can't replay easily?

CM30

Gaming Latest Admin and Gaming Reinvented Owner
Full GL Member
Awards
Credits
Like the bosses in many RPGs and Zelda games that you can never battle again after you defeat them? Or the puzzles in other games (like Zelda, Paper Mario, etc) which stay 'cleared' forever once you complete them, with no easy way to replay the entertaining parts over and over?

Because I do. I don't want to have to play 30-40 hours of a game again just to experience a battle or level or place that was fun for me the first time around! And when I want to show off the best bits of a game (say to a friend or someone), I'd like to be able to actually show them said parts of the game and let them experience things like dungeons and levels like I did the first time around.

So does anyone else feel the same way here? And wish that games had movie like chapter/section select screens to easily replay parts you enjoyed the first time round whenever you want?

I agree with you. Sometimes I do wish I could go back a fight the bosses in Legend of Zelda or even solve the puzzles all over again. It would really keep me playing the game a bit longer. I don't like that I have to start the game over just to reach the certain point I want to replay.

Yeah I hate that too. If only more games do this feature (and if it's an rpg make it stronger that way it isn't a basic 1 hit kill). This topic is why while i'm playing super metroid (only snes rom I gotten so far) I make sure I put separate savestates right before the bosses I encounter. that way I can always go back to face them.

Hmm, I actually don't mind replaying the whole game to replay levels or bosses o.o Though I think they could do what they did in Ocarina of Time, where you go to your bed (or something else) to replay certain boss battles :3

Back