Anyone gaming on a 'curved' TV?

IntoxNitram

GamingLatest Slave
Staff member
Full GL Member
Awards
Credits
I am looking into buying a large curved 4k TV for my living room and hanging it on the wall. I was discussing it with a friend the other day and although we agreed it would be great for films a TV, we were unsure as to whether it would be practical for gaming via a console. Does anyone have experience with gaming on a curved TV? What are your thoughts?

Afraid not and I thought the only usefulness of a curve tv is so that anyone, no matter where they are sitting, has a good view of the screen?

I rather keep the money and wait. Because it be cheaper than then now and probably something else new then

Afraid not and I thought the only usefulness of a curve tv is so that anyone, no matter where they are sitting, has a good view of the screen?
Yes that is the main aim. I was just wondering whether there are negatives of having one in terms of gaming, surely having part of the screen curved would cause problems in terms of aiming correctly if they are shooting at something on the curved bit.

Yes that is the main aim. I was just wondering whether there are negatives of having one in terms of gaming, surely having part of the screen curved would cause problems in terms of aiming correctly if they are shooting at something on the curved bit.

Well I haven't seen any negatives, though some say curve tvs have an issue with glare pending light/window spots. From the sounds of it though, it be better to spend the money on 4k tvs.

Well I haven't seen any negatives, though some say curve tvs have an issue with glare pending light/window spots. From the sounds of it though, it be better to spend the money on 4k tvs.
From what I have seen at my local technology stores, around 90% of all 4k TV's available are curved as well.

I'm using one for my Wii U games. That said, I don't really notice much of a difference myself.

I don't own one, nor have I ever played a video game on them, but I would think that they wouldn't really have all that much of an effect. I don't think the curve would effect the mechanics of the game or effect someone's aim. Of course, I could be wrong but in reality its just a regular TV that has a curve. Everything else is the same so I'm sure the game runs and works the same.

Back