Anyone not so impressed by Mario Kart 8's DLC Tracks?

CM30

Gaming Latest Admin and Gaming Reinvented Owner
Full GL Member
Awards
Credits
The characters seem awesome, and the karts seem good... but quite a few of the tracks seem a bit bland if you ask me.

I mean, they LOOK amazing:

But level design wise, they seem a bit 'flat'. Really wide bends and corners, no real obstacles so to speak off, often limited or no ways to fall off the track... seems like they focused on the aesthetics a bit more than the level design.

Anyone else feel the same way?

I actually really liked them, all but for Yoshi Circuit, or whatever it's called. I've never really understood why it's a fan favorite; It's cute, and I'm all for tight turns and power sliding, but the course is just way too squirrely for my taste. I'd agree though that Dragon Driftway looks really cool, but when you actually race on it, it's unimpressive. All the others though I really enjoy, especially the new/old rainbow road, though it's odd we have 3 of them in the same game. This remake is definitely my favorite of the three.

Yeah, I don't understand why they remade SNES Rainbow road AGAIN when there are so many other cool tracks they could've chosen instead (*cough* Wario Colosseum *cough*).

Maybe they ran out of time and that track was fast and easy ro make.

Back