Anyone use a service other than Steam?

CM30

Gaming Latest Admin and Gaming Reinvented Owner
Full GL Member
Awards
Credits
For digitally downloaded games?

And if so, what one do you use and why? Because I've heard GOG is quite good, though I've never used it myself.

Personally I've only used Steam for digital downloads and used EA's Origin service once to redeem my Humble Bundle codes I purchased. I too am interested to see if any other client would be beneficial to use as well.

I use steam for just about everything. I've been meaning to check out GOG too but my gaming computer is begin loaned out at the moment (the shop needed it). I'm not a fan of Origin but I have it installed for a game my brother bought. I try to avoid EA games these days because I don't like the company.

Also, I think it's funny that 10-15 years ago everyone hated DRM but now they willing accept it and install Steam. Just something to think about ;).

I have Origin (for which I bought a few EA games), UPlay (as I got Assassin's Creed: Unity for free when I got my 970), and GoG Galaxy.

I used steam as-well, but since I have very crap internet and mostly download from other places or download the disc version. I have Uplay with two games and I have about 10 CD keys of giveaway games that I have. I but cheap games to giveaway

I've only ever used Steam and I'm quite satisfied with it thus far and don't really feel like changing to anything else for my digital game donwloads and purchases.

Origin is the only one that comes to mind.
I like their on the house deals. :)

The only other one I've used has been Origin, and it was absolutely awful when I first tried it. I've heard they've gotten much better, but frankly Steam is such a powerhouse, I'd rather just have everything through it rather then splitting things up. I never used it, even with the couple of games I had on it (Titanfall, the awful new Sim City, and a few that were given out free) so I just uninstalled it. People like to play up how awful Steam's customer service is, and I'm sure that it is, but honestly, how frequently does the vast majority of people ever need to use customer service either, especially for something like a game downloading service? It does suck when you need to, but you likely won't have to either.

In fact, I dislike the idea of having to bother with another service enough that I haven't ever gotten the Assassin's Creed games through Steam just because it makes you hassle with stupid U-Play to use them- and unless I have to have a game that's on another service, I pretty much wouldn't buy it because it's not on steam. I don't want your other crappy services, thanks!

Back