Anyone willing to contribute to a podcast or discussion series?

CM30

Gaming Latest Admin and Gaming Reinvented Owner
Full GL Member
Awards
Credits
Because as you know, I've got a channel for the site and other stuff here:

But I want to make it more than... just a typical gaming trailers, music and videos channel. So I need videos with some sort of discussion or commentary.

However, there's an issue. Namely, I suck at improvisation.

Trying to speak in a natural way is difficult when recording. I end up finding it very hard to stick to a script or stop rambling off topic.

So would anyone here be willing to also speak in a few videos? So I can get an actual debate going and have some way to make my commentary more interesting?

If so, just tell me and I'll try and set up everything through Skype or the likes.

Thanks! It's much appreciated!

I'm not even sure what a "podcast" even is. lol I post videos to Youtube tho!! :grin:

I've got a social disorder and find it hard to carry discussion myself, let alone improvise. Lots of stuttering and 'um's and pauses, and I most likely would not be very professional at all, especially considering I've never done anything like this before. And also considering I like keeping my opinions to myself. Plus, I might not be totally into the game you'd be wanting to discuss.

With that said, if you want, I could give it a try, maybe? I don't know for sure, though. I'm kind of anxious about this in general, and I can't guarantee anything. But I'm willing to give it a try.

Oh, and as a tip, you don't have to write a script, but you could write a sort of general summarization about what you're looking to discuss. Like don't write an entire script of "Say 'man this game is great and it's also made by the people who do banjo kazooie' about Yooka-Laylee," just do like "Talk about how this game takes B-K as inspiration." That's what I'd do at least, and I think that it would help greatly especially with two people in discussion.

Last edited by a moderator:
Well, are you any worse than me? I've been failing to record because I can't keep going after I stutter or make a mistake. I'm hoping working with someone else might be a way to fix this.

But if you're interested in trying it, I guess that could work. Just be warned that I rant a lot about games in general.

Well, how about 7-8PM GMT? That should come to around 12PM CDT, shouldn't it?

Same for anyone else here who's interested!

Well, how about 7-8PM GMT? That should come to around 12PM CDT, shouldn't it?

Same for anyone else here who's interested!
Actually, it comes to about 2 PM CDT. Greenwich is 6 hours ahead of me.

Again, I can't guarantee much. I might even back out depending on how nervous I am, and I apologize if that happens.

Last edited by a moderator:
Actually, it comes to about 2 PM CDT. Greenwich is 6 hours ahead of me.

Again, I can't guarantee much. I might even back out depending on how nervous I am, and I apologize if that happens.

Maybe 5PM GMT? Would that work out?

If I had a mic I be happy to, but sadly I lack the equipment.

No problem. Do wonder what you do for your site's YouTube channel though.

Back