froggyboy604

Staff member
Manager
Full GL Member
Awards
Credits
Mature Board Viewing
Unlock full profile styling
Today is not a good day for Apple. Earlier we brought you news that the giant agreed to pay a $347M settlement for underpaying corporate taxes in Italy. Now we're seeing news that the company is being hit with another lawsuit. This time it's a class action lawsuit from current iPhone 4s owners.

According to the lawsuit, owners of the iPhone 4s have had major issues with their phones since upgrading to iOS 9. They stated that the most recent software update "significantly slowed down" their iPhones and "interfered with the normal usage of the device." Check out an excerpt from the filing below.

When iPhone 4s owners are faced with the dilemma of continuing to use a slow, buggy phone or spend hundreds to buy a new phone, Apple often benefits because consumers will often buy a new iPhone to keep their investment in the App ecosystem. [...]

Furthermore, iPhone owners will buy a newer iPhone when faced with the choice because it is familiar and they can easily transfer their information, media, contacts, and apps without a major disruption in usage. There is no learning curve and no delays and trouble that accompany new information input. Thus Apple stands to benefit financially when older iPhones are slowed down and owners are forced to purchase a new phone.

Read More

I thought that iPhone users can re-install iOS 8 if they don't like iOS 9. But, I feel Apple should of just not release iOS 9 for the iPhone 4S if it made the 4S slower.

I wonder could Android users sue Samsung, LG, other phone makers, and Google Android for releasing an update which slowed down their device.

Eh, Apple has lots of money. They can pay them though a lawsuit won't fix the OS any faster.

Eh, Apple has lots of money. They can pay them though a lawsuit won't fix the OS any faster.
Apple can pay them 50 times over and it's a shame that apple doesn't sell apples

That's why I go with windows phone, that's why I never go with apple products

I agree Apple can pay a lot of money to pay unhappy iOS 9 iPhone 4S users. I think if Apple was force by the judge to removes some of the bundled apps like iTunes, Apple Maps, Siri Voice assistant, and other bundled apps on iOS 9 for the iPhone 4S, and made them optional downlaads from the App store, the OS will be faster.

Some users believed Apple purposely slowed down iOS 9 on the iPhone 4S to make them upgrade to an iPhone 5 or 6. If this is true, Apple can be ordered by the Judge to remove the laggy codes which are slowing down the 4S in iOS 8.

I used to think like that, but then I got tired of the lack of apps on Windows Phone smartphones. I mean, I'm ok with waiting, but Microsoft is obviously not keeping up with the times.

I agree the lack of apps makes using Windows Phone, older Blackberry devices without Android Emulation or Android as the OS, and Firefox Phone frustrating for people who need to use apps like Instagram, Snapchat, and enjoy playing newer mobile games which are only release for iPhone and Android most of the time.

They probably could, but Android users are not usually as rich as iPhone users, so they can't afford to invest money in lawsuits.

I agree finding enough Android users to raise money for a lawsuit is a problem for a lot of Android users because a lot of Android users are kids, teens, young adults, and poor people who can barely afford a smartphone and the monthly cell service bill.

It is probably cheaper for Android users to save up for a faster Android phone, or buy a older iPhone like the iPhone 5 instead of using money on a lawsuit.

A lot of Android users also got their Android smartphone for free for $1-100 as part of a 2 year cell service contract, or a low price like $30 or less if the phone is a cheap prepaid smartphone.

Android users maybe less likely to win a lawsuit because the Court Judge and Jury may believe in the stereotype that Android phones are slow because they are cheap and free with a contract, so the judge and jury may think Android users are having bad performance because they bought a cheaper device with a slow CPU, and less RAM.

The Android operating system is also free and open source, and a lot of less tech-savvy people may think that free and open source operating systems and software are not as good as closed-source paid OS like iOS, Windows, and OS X because Android don't cost money, and strangers work on the OS for free,

Last edited:
Back