froggyboy604

Staff member
Manager
Full GL Member
Awards
Credits
Mature Board Viewing
Unlock full profile styling

I wonder if the Apple Store in Japan will also install screen protectors on iPads, and iPods in the future.

I'm going to assume these guys are masters, only a master can do it without any air bubbles appearing.

I'm not a fan of screen protectors on smartphones. I always peel them off. They are uncomfortable to use.
Same. My relatives always suggest I leave them on for the benefit of the screen not scratching but I hate them. I think they also distort the image in most cases, the screen looks less sharp with a protector on it.

I'm going to assume these guys are masters, only a master can do it without any air bubbles appearing.

It is also pretty hard to align the screen protector, so it is straight. I assume these guys are masters as well.

Same. My relatives always suggest I leave them on for the benefit of the screen not scratching but I hate them. I think they also distort the image in most cases, the screen looks less sharp with a protector on it.

must be buying bad screen protectors, the ones I've used my phone don't affect anything.

must be buying bad screen protectors, the ones I've used my phone don't affect anything.

I think Martin's relatives maybe thinking about the thin protective plastic sheets which are placed on top of smartphones and tablets to protect them during shipping, and when opening the box.

I think those protective plastic sheets are not designed to be screen protectors for a long amount of time. Most screen protectors require you to physically press the protector on the screen with a plastic tool like the Apple Store's Screen protectors which uses a handheld machine to press the plastic tightly on the glass.

I think those protective plastic sheets are not designed to be screen protectors for a long amount of time. Most screen protectors require you to physically press the protector on the screen with a plastic tool like the Apple Store's Screen protectors which uses a handheld machine to press the plastic tightly on the glass.
Well, I guess if you have something as expensive as a new iPhone or iPad, you'd have to take all the safety precautions you can to keep it without scratches for a while. But since I only use cheap Windows Phone and Android devices, I don't bother with screen protectors.

I think Martin's relatives maybe thinking about the thin protective plastic sheets which are placed on top of smartphones and tablets to protect them during shipping, and when opening the box.

Yes your right. Wasn't really aware of a more sophisticated solution to be honest.

Well, I guess if you have something as expensive as a new iPhone or iPad, you'd have to take all the safety precautions you can to keep it without scratches for a while. But since I only use cheap Windows Phone and Android devices, I don't bother with screen protectors.

I mostly just use a case which also has a screen cover that cover the screen when I don't use them. My devices are not very expensive, but it is a nice idea to protect my stuff, so they last longer, and I save money by not having to replace them as often. I also has a zippered case for my older Android tablet. I think cases are good enough for my need. But, I may get a screen protector someday if I find a good one.

Back