Are compilation cartridges safe to use with 3Ds?

I have an Acekard working on my 3DS...i'll update on any damages..okay? I'll be updating in may. So far the first update didn't do a thing..Seeing how these games/cards mask themselves as other games..it should be fine. Sorry, Nin for posting this kind of stuff..I'm just sure some of you wanted an answer.

EDIT:I'm almost 100% sure it's a scare tactic..if they were brave enough to brick consoles by update..they'd have done it already..also these cards don't tamper with internal data and are read as other games. If Nintendo would attempt this and mess up..there'd be mass game bricking world wide. lol think about it. If a game is inserted the wrong way and the system reads it wrong "game brick". Yeah...they can afford that.

woo i agree with you. If there is such a thing as nintendo bricking people's 3DS, it will be all over the internet. And sometimes if there was a few who gotten their 3DS bricked, is probably people who work for nintendo. So they can make their company's warning believable. Im waiting for the update in may and see if there are people who has problems with the flash cart. I'll be waiting for you porkman! hahahaha XD

Recently I bought 4 games in Ebay and I am quite worried that it might be fakes after I have seen people talking about Fake games in Ebay. I already received one, and it looks like the original game and hopefully the other 3 won't be fake games.

Will these so called Fake games (According to people in Ebay, it's usually made from Hong Kong or China) brick your system? Or you will only experienced glitches after playing the game for quite some time.

If the games came from your country and where in full packaging, then they are probably real. If they are still factory sealed with the cellophane wrapping, then they are definitely real.

Your system will not brick...believe me. As long as you don't tamper with the internal data..you'll be fine. if the cartridge doesn't work..then it doesn't work. Try them.

If the games came from your country and where in full packaging, then they are probably real. If they are still factory sealed with the cellophane wrapping, then they are definitely real.

It's on Ebay.

Btw, I always order stuff from UK or US (on Ebay and avoid those suspicious countries), but I heard people complaining that some of the sellers sent the stuff from Hong Kong or China while claiming the items was sent from UK or US, and most them are fakes.

Your system will not brick...believe me. As long as you don't tamper with the internal data..you'll be fine. if the cartridge doesn't work..then it doesn't work. Try them.

I checked some tricks on how to find out whether your cartridges is fake or not, but not sure how reliable it is. According to some people who had bought the fake game, even if you can play the game, glitches might occur after you play for quite some time.

In this case, we have to trust the seller that the items they sent is real one until we received it... sigh, the price of the Australian game is just ridiculous expensive =.=

Last edited by a moderator:
Nope the 3DS is fine, though I did have to buy an Acekard 2i. These are the only cards that work on the 3ds after a quick firmware update. Nintendo blocked the Acekard when the eshop update came about, but a workaround update was quickly made. It's kinda impossible for nintendo to block it now that the Acekard people know what they are doing. You will need to install special updates to make it work, to install the updates you must use a DSlite or a DSi. Afterwards it will work on the 3ds masking itself as the game "chessmaster".

Nope the 3DS is fine, though I did have to buy an Acekard 2i. These are the only cards that work on the 3ds after a quick firmware update. Nintendo blocked the Acekard when the eshop update came about, but a workaround update was quickly made. It's kinda impossible for nintendo to block it now that the Acekard people know what they are doing. You will need to install special updates to make it work, to install the updates you must use a DSlite or a DSi. Afterwards it will work on the 3ds masking itself as the game "chessmaster".
Well that is sneaky, but also quite clever. I expected something like this would be made pretty quickly.

Also, my "Did you 3DS brick?" post made me laff.

Nice, thanks for answering so quickly lol. I am considering getting the R4i Gold Card. =)

Nice, thanks for answering so quickly lol. I am considering getting the R4i Gold Card. =)

Oh I didn't mean to mislead anyone either when I said that the Acekard 2i was the only flashcart that worked. I meant to say that the Acekard 2i is the only type of ACEKARD that works on the 3ds. I believe any flashcart that works on the dsi can currently play on the 3ds with some sort of firmware upgrade. Also, I'm glad I could help.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back