Are Electric Cars Convincing Some People to Buy Cheaper Gas cars?

froggyboy604

Staff member
Manager
Full GL Member
Awards
Credits
Mature Board Viewing
Unlock full profile styling
Some people may continue to drive cheaper less powerful fuel efficient gas car like Mitsubishi Mirage which are cheaper to buy than most average cars and use less fuel.

The money savings in car insurance, payments, and fuel savings can help save enough money to buy a more expensive electric car like a Tesla Model 3 after many years of saving money by driving a cheap gas car, saving money on other expenses like food, and not spending their money on stuff like expensive clothing.

Some electric cars are less powerful, and heavy, so some gas cars buyers may buy a less powerful gas car after seeing that less powerful electric cars which weigh more can be fast enough for driving around town. Most cheap gas cars don't have a very powerful engine, but they may weigh less than an electric car with a large heavy battery and electric motor.

Last edited:
Well, electric cars are great but they are not popular enough.

So, many people would try to get some cheaper gas cars, to save money. That's what I believe anyway.

I agree cheaper gas cars would be a good choice for people with less money. Some workers also drive a lot because of their jobs, so an electric car may not be a good choice because of long recharge times compared to pumping gas into a gas car which takes a few minutes to fill up the tank. Plus, if there is a power outage at the electric car charging station or the charger broke, electric car users can't charge their car with an empty battery, so they would not have enough power to get to work until the power outage is gone, or the charger got fixed.

The electric car charger and charging cable, and home installation for the charger can be expensive.

Unfortunately, I feel electricity maybe more expensive in the future because it cost a lot of money to run an electricity company which hire many workers, and maintain and repair a lot of electric wires.

Maybe? Depends on the person's thoughts.

I think having no manual transmission option in most electric cars may make some manual transmission gas car drivers not want most electric car because some drivers don't like how automatic transmission cars decide to shift gears automatically for their car. Manual transmission gas cars are usually cheaper where you can buy a new manual car for $10000 or less. Some manual transmission car drivers maybe too use to manual transmission cars where they shift gears themselves. Some manual drivers may feel safer shifting gears on their car's manual transmission themselves rather than trusting an automatic transmission to shift transmission gears up and down a gear when their car moves faster and slower.

There are also drivers which find it more fun to shift gears with a manual transmission car, and may find automatic cars less fun because drivers only push on the gas pedal with their foot to make the car move forward or in reverse depending on the gear they are in.

Back