Are Electric Musical Instruments like Electric Guitar, Piano with Built-in Speakers/amp Good?

froggyboy604

Staff member
Manager
Full GL Member
Awards
Credits
Mature Board Viewing
Unlock full profile styling
I think Electric Piano's with a built-in speaker are okay if you mainly plan on playing at home or in a small room like a medium sized class room with a few students.

But, electric guitars with a built-in speaker or amp seem not as worth it because you have to carry the guitar around, and the speaker may make the guitar slightly more heavy to carry around, and the speaker and speaker's wire connection may get loose or damage over time because a guitar moves around a lot when you walk around with it while you carry it to different places or during performances.

Using a separate amp which you plug into the amp input on a guitar maybe better.

Plus, many electric guitars with built-in speakers are mainly toys for guitar beginners, and young kids. I think there is a greater chance you may end up being made fun of or called out for using a toy electric guitar with a built-in speaker if you ever perform songs in public, or perform on streaming video sites like YouTube which have trolls which find reasons to make fun of you.

I notice that a lot of people who are into guitars are also very passionate about their hobby, and are not afraid to call people out if their guitar playing, guitar tuning, guitar or amp speaker sounds bad to listen to.

Sometimes, guitars with built-in speakers can be more expensive costing $200 or more, and sound worse than cheap guitars and speakers which users bought separately.

It is possible to buy a $40-60 electric guitar and $20-50 Guitar Amp Speaker from sites like eBay, Amazon, Flea market, Pawn shops, thrift store, and Craigslist.

I think I heard this a lot in Jpop so.... I want to say yes?

I think I heard this a lot in Jpop so.... I want to say yes?

I think Jpop, and Jrock musicians mostly use Electronic Instruments like Electric Guitar where the Speaker Amp is separated from the Guitar, and the player use a Speaker which is plugged into a plug on the instrument and speaker with an audio cable.

I was posting about instruments with a physical speaker built-into to the instrument like kids electric guitar with speaker 1/2 size

I think connecting a speaker to a instrument by using a cable will make the instrument sound better because there is less electronic interference and static noise from surrounding electronics like the circuit board, wires, battery, and mics which are built-into the instruments for it to work.

You can also easily replace the cable with a better cable with higher quality metal plugs which are gold plated, and has better shielding to shield it from electrical interference.

It is easy to upgrade an external amp or speaker when you have more money, or need a higher quality and louder speaker amp to perform at a larger concert room.

Back