Are Forums & Blogs more relaxing and fun compared to Social Networks?

It's true because people want to be more involved deeply than talking only topic threads on forums which became boring soon. That's why strategies like making forums be more wide and interesting for all ages or even to those middle age, which mostly the target market in forums, are highly studied and to be applied.

lol... I get hate comments and death threats on YouTube and facebook every week... I got used to it, I suppose...

not something that should be tolerated.

lol... I get hate comments and death threats on YouTube and facebook every week... I got used to it, I suppose...
I wouldn't take it, I probably won't allow it to happen and do something about it will my smart unlimited brain farts

I wouldn't take it, I probably won't allow it to happen and do something about it will my smart unlimited brain farts

What can you do? Everyone knows that YouTube's comment section is basically worse than 4chan. You can report the comments (90% of the time it has no results), disable the comments, or just stop reading them altogether. I chose the latter.

Yep, because people on forums tend to be a bit more... sane I guess? People don't join most forums unless they want to discuss the subject in a serious way, hence they tend to get people who can express their thoughts in a civil and mature way rather than by throwing threats and personal attacks and lame attempts at humour around.

The fact they're moderated by people who actually give a damn helps too. I mean, why is Twitter so bad with trolling and harassment? Because it's got the awkward issue that it's rarely if ever moderated to remove the worst stuff there, and when it is moderated, it's so clearly done with a political agenda that it's absolutely pathetic. Seriously, conservative posts that offend people seem to get removed a lot more than their left wing counterparts over there, and there's even more clear proof that popular users can basically get away with anything as well.

Forums tend not to have that. The staff enforce the rules, and things like trolling, flaming, spam, etc get removed regardless of the poster's political views or popularity.

And well, there's always Dunbar's number, right? The thing about 150 stable social relationships? Yeah, that describes a medium activity forum community perfectly, whereas a social network (often with millions of users) ends up being a place where the vast majority of users seem to not care for or actively hate each other.

I don't use social networks all that much but I do find forums relaxing most of the time.
It's good to have somewhere where we can be free to speak for ourselves.

For me social networks are still fun. Because of the following reasons:
1. Groups and community are very active.
Just search something like 'my game collection' and it'll give you posts. Posts that are not scripted, photos are taken raw from cellphone camera.
2. Post something and in a matter of seconds another member/user will reply on you.
3. Trends always starts with social networks.

Back