• Games are worse than they used to be

Votes: 1 9.1%

• Total voters

CM30

Gaming Latest Admin and Gaming Reinvented Owner
Full GL Member
Awards
Credits
Are modern games better than older ones, or do you prefer games on older systems like the NES, SNES or Nntendo 64?

You can't compare modern mario to classic mario, same way you can't compare the Beatles and 1D, or a modern DVD and an old patiphone.

They're different, but hey, classics are always better.

Games as far as production value are definatly better now-a-days. I find that their are a lot more good games Than their are terrible ones (exculding shovel ware). I remeber as a child having to painstacingly search for that diamond in the ruff one rental at a time especially on the nes. Not to say that their are not some great old school classics i love the older stuff. but i feel my self more emersed in the games i play these days.

I think modern games nowadays are better. Since they have better graphics, and they look very modern.
...... Judging from the avatar, you don't even have the age to make such claims. Anyways classics are not always better but they surely didn't put so much shit on their games that end up ruining the experience. That's why they make MANUALS!

I think modern games nowadays are better. Since they have better graphics, and they look very modern.
...... Judging from the avatar, you don't even have the age to make such claims. Anyways classics are not always better but they surely didn't put so much shit on their games that end up ruining the experience. That's why they make MANUALS!

Yeah I'm almost 13. I've been playing video games since age 5. And you're saying I can't make such claims? Yes, I actually can.

It's pointless trying to claim mad years of experience with people who are in their 20s and 30s.

I like a little of both. The Atari and original NES got me into gaming so they hold a special place in gaming history for me. But would I trade my 3DS for either one of those systems, HELL NO!

Hey, opinions man.

It's pointless trying to claim mad years of experience with people who are in their 20s and 30s. I like a little of both. The Atari and original NES got me into gaming so they hold a special place in gaming history for me. But would I trade my 3DS for either one of those systems, HELL NO!

Hey, opinions man.

terraryst, I see your point. I wouldn't trade my 3DS XL for any Nintendo console, except for when the next Nintendo portable gaming console comes out. And Gelivable, Yes. I was giving my opinion. It's not like I was telling him what to do or anything.

It's all good. Just one of those things where regardless of age or experience, it's all opinion anyways. :)

It's all good. Just one of those things where regardless of age or experience, it's all opinion anyways. :)
Indeed it is about opinions. But it is rather difficult to form an opion on a console that he, most likely, never played on. Kirby_Z is not trying to be an ass here. He is just stating that it's not likely the kid played on the 'old' consoles. I tent to agree with Kirby's opinion on this.

Off course Kamran is free to state his opinion, but maybe he should back it op with an example of what he played that would make his opinion contribute to this topic. Even if it only gives us a chance to think 'he I know what you mean'.

On-topic: I hold fond memories of my snes and gameboy. But I don't think that with my expectations today I would be satisfied with these games like I was then.

You do have a very valid point there. If I never played an NES or Atari or Game Boy I couldn't objectively form an opinion on it. So I see where you're coming from.

Last edited by a moderator:
Indeed it is about opinions. But it is rather difficult to form an opion on a console that he, most likely, never played on. Kirby_Z is not trying to be an ass here. He is just stating that it's not likely the kid played on the 'old' consoles. I tent to agree with Kirby's opinion on this.

Off course Kamran is free to state his opinion, but maybe he should back it op with an example of what he played that would make his opinion contribute to this topic. Even if it only gives us a chance to think 'he I know what you mean'.

On-topic: I hold fond memories of my snes and gameboy. But I don't think that with my expectations today I would be satisfied with these games like I was then.

You do have a very valid point there. If I never played an NES or Atari or Game Boy I couldn't objectively form an opinion on it. So I see where you're coming from.
^_^ Kamran sorry if my past comment was seen as an insult, but it wasn't. I guess Mathziel explained my point a bit better than what I did. Also there is no way in hell that I could trade a current gen for a past gen at this point, but I grew up with the old school stuff and I do find there was more of a challenge and better originality back then than what we have now. Not because it was an old school game means that it will always be better, heck check out my Quick reviews and check for yourselves.................(reminder to self, *stop being lazy and continue your reviews*)

Just as many people would say: "You can't beat the classics!"

It is always good to have a mix of modern and classic games and systems.

Not really.
If anything, they are becoming repetitive and most of the games try to gain the momentum just by using graphics and not to by plot or unique stuff.

Back