Are legendary Pokemon given out a bit too easily now?

CM30

Gaming Latest Admin and Gaming Reinvented Owner
Full GL Member
Awards
Credits
At least in terms of how soon you can get powerful ones through events?

Because from what I hear, you can get the likes of Mewtwo, Arceus, Genesect and Deoxys before you've even beaten the main game now thanks to Nintendo's online events, so you can pretty much plough straight through everything without it being able to put up a fight.

Is this accurate?

I would assume they would be unruly without the proper badges due to being level 100 and not caught in the wild.

Accurate, but only noobs use legends to plough through the entire game.

not to mention, you'll need all the badges to control em anyway

I see what you mean with badges (I've had Pokemon misobey me before), but come on, a level 100 legendary Pokemon could move once every five turns and still beat most normal opponents. For example, it doesn't matter how much time it wastes sleeping or goofing around, a level 100 Mewtwo or Arceus is going to absolutely flatten anything before about the seventh gym At minimum.

The people who would use them in their playthrough aren't the people who particularly know about the events. Well, usually.

I don't use any Legendaries in the main story aside from the ones you're able to find during the game. Otherwise, I do my best not to rely on them. Do I still train them? Of course, it's awesome to have them on standby...but I don't like people who rely on them, and I do my best not to be one of those people. I think the reason they're making it easier is because of the rewards for completing the dex in recent games. Meh, personally I don't have a problem with it, but that's because I do my best not to abuse them. For those who do...well, they're depriving themselves of learning how to cope in difficult situations, which'll hurt them in the end. No skin off my back.

I manly see them as a novalty, like shiny pokemon. Good for show but rarely in use since they took out the shiny radar, I do miss it indeed...

Back