Are many web browser games better than mobile app games?

froggyboy604

Staff member
Manager
Full GL Member
Awards
Credits
Mature Board Viewing
Unlock full profile styling
Yes, I feel web browser games are better than most mobile games these days. I feel browser games sometimes have better online communities where users can chat on the in-game chatroom to talk to other members on the browser game site. Mobile games don't have a good community in my experience, and the chatroom in mobile games with built-in chatrooms are sometimes filled with trolls.

I remember playing a few re-makes of classic games like Pong, Space Invaders, Tetris, etc on Web browsers, and they worked better with a keyboard and mouse than a touchscreen. They also load pretty quickly and rarely crashed.

I also played Runescape, and flash games which kept me entertained for a while when I was bored while using a PC.

In the early 2000s like 2002, I used enjoyed playing Runescape, checkers, bowling and pool/billiard with other players on web browser gaming sites with two or more player games while chatting with them with the built-in chat program on the web browser game site.

I also liked that I can play multiple web browser games at once if my computer is fast enough to handle running two or more browser games at once in different browser tabs and windows.

Hard to say, but I think it depends on a person tastes. Most games are made to be time killers really.

Hard to say, but I think it depends on a person tastes. Most games are made to be time killers really.

I feel many games these days for console, PC, web browser, and mobile are made to be time killers except for Open World RPG games like Final Fantasy, Fable and Kingdom Hearts where players need to spend many hours to level up characters, do sidequests, and collect items to make stuff.

Well, I don't know the exact number, but I think there should be more mobile app games than browser games out there. Some browser games are fun indeed, but mostly because they are created in such a way as to involve the keyboard and / or the mouse.

I know there are re-makes and clones of console games on Web Browsers. Using a web browser to play a game is simpler than downloading and installing an emulator, and loading ROMs into an emulators which can be difficult for some less tech savvy PC users.

A lot of classic games which are no longer copyright protected can now be played in a web browser. I read a blog post which said you can play a lot of older console games at the Internet Archive website which you can access on a browser.

In my experience, a lot of the console re-makes, and clone games are not very good.

Back