Are mobile operating systems like Apple iOS and Google Android being used more for Gaming than phone

froggyboy604

Staff member
Manager
Full GL Member
Awards
Credits
Mature Board Viewing
Unlock full profile styling
Yes, I think Google Android, Apple iOS, and other mobile operating system are being used more for gaming, and less for phone calls and texting since bigger mobile games like Shadow gun and some Gameloft games these days have voice chat, messaging or text chat in a lounge/waiting room in the game, or while you are gaming. More popular games sometimes even have a social network, forums, website and online community for players to communicate with each other to talk about games, and other topics.

Plus, I think there are more people who rather spend more time playing games on a mobile operating system than calling people, or texting people if they don't need to.

Games are the top most downloaded apps by percentage in Google Play, Apple App store, and other mobile App stores.

Google Android is also free, so any company like Ouya, Gamestick, Nvidia Shield, Bluestacks Gamepop, and other companies can freely use Google Android as the operating system for their Game console or Gaming PC without paying any money to Google since Android uses the Open Source license like Linux which is free for everyone to use, and modify.

I read blog posts that Apple is working on a controller for iOS which gives iOS Game controller support, so Apple devices like iPad can be played with a controller rather than using Touchscreen controls. The game can be streamed to a TV or monitor if the gamer also owns an Apple TV settop box.

There are also many wireless third party controllers for iOS and Android devices to play many popular games with their mobile controllers.

Well out of my own smartphone usage I think that the thing I use my phone the most for is the Internet, Apps (Facebook ect) and gaming of course :)

If Facebook, and internet sites like Twitter have access to games on their mobile site, Social apps, and a  dedicated gaming section on its social network for online gaming, gaming news, and multi-player games, it could be huge since many people have Facebook and Twitter accounts already, so there is no need to make another account to chat with other players, or to join games.

I think most people on social networks like gaming since Farmville, and all those Flash games on Facebook are very popular since you get to play with your friends on social games.

Back