Are online language Translator websites reliable at giving you a good language translation?

Are online language Translator websites reliable at giving you a good language translation?

Discussion in 'Internet Chatter' started by froggyboy604, Feb 21, 2016.

1. froggyboy604

froggyboy604 Moderator Staff Member Moderator

Money:
    $28,109
    In my experience, the language translators on websites like Google Translate, Babylon, Bing Translate, etc are not very good because the translated sentences from one language like Japanese to English seems to not make sense.

2. Demon_Skeith

Demon_Skeith Administrator Staff Member Administrator

Top Poster Of Month

I think the better question is, are there any good ones out there?

3. froggyboy604

froggyboy604 Moderator Staff Member Moderator

Money:
    $28,109
    I have not came across any online language translators which are as good as a person who can fluently read and write two languages like Japanese and English or Korean and English. A lot of the times I end up with a lot of random translated words to English which don't form a readable sentences which makes sense.

I usually just get frustrated at the translation, and stop using the language translator sites.

4. CM30

CM30 Well-Known Member Staff Member Vice Admin Full GL Member

Male
    Money:
    $3,714
    You're kidding, right?

I've used Google Translate a ton of times, and it's pretty much always left me with... at best, something that sounds like a SEO spamming robot. It's okay if you're willing to do a hell of a lot of interpretation, or are translating maybe one or two words, but useless beyond that.

5. Demon_Skeith

Demon_Skeith Administrator Staff Member Administrator

Top Poster Of Month

I mainly use google to translate j-pop MP3s and I got a few decent words out of it.

6. Black Angel

Black Angel Harder, Better, Faster, Stronger.. Full GL Member

Female
    Money:
    $222
    I would say not really.. I think that translation services have gotten better, but I would just use them if I needed help translating a sign or a menu or something rather than trying to use it to learn a language or to speak with people..

I think they've come far, but not that far yet..