Are rude comments more commons on blogs than social networks and forums?

froggyboy604

Staff member
Manager
Full GL Member
Awards
Credits
Mature Board Viewing
Unlock full profile styling
I notice I run into more rude blog comments than social networking and forum comments when comparing comments on posts on the same topic or a screenshot of a story posted on social networks and forums. In some countries like the US and Canada, workers can get fired for posting rude social networking comments and posts on their own Facebook and Twitter account, and posting rude comments can get you banned from a site like Facebook which you don't own, or is not own by a business. Blog owners sometimes let commenters post more rude comments which insult other commenters with different opinions, and people written about in the post like a senator, countries' President, or crime victim in the comment section.

Posting rude comments and posts can ruin your chances of working in the kids to teen entertainment industry, or at a government job, public school, and more political correct company if you post something rude. People also believe what you post on your social networking profile can be easier to find even when many years have past when applying to jobs compared to trying to find random rude blog comment which you post with a username like "Slayman411" on a less popular blog which fewer people know about compared to Facebook and Twitter.

Most forums run by forum staff like owner, mod, and admins usually delete rude posts and comments which trolls other users, or have illegal comments like threats to people since rude members can make a forum less popular, and can cause other problems.

I think people are also more likely to behave themselves on forums because the chances of getting banned for acting rude on a forum is more likely than some random blog where the owner may not care much about moderating comments or auto-approve all comments.

It is easier to find a rude members old posts on forums with most forum software with a post search engine or "find member post link" on their forum profile, so users may behave themselves in a respectful manner to not have embarrassing rude posts from popping up again when someone reads their old rude replies, member replies to an old topic which they posted rude replies on, or someone called them out on a rude comment they posted in the past.

Most forums are also public, so many people on the internet can find people's old forum posts if they know what username which they used on the internet, and their writing style, and avatar pictures and pictures posted on forum topics which may contain photos and video of their real face photo.

Whatever allows them to be posted without removal, you will see them more on there. Like youtube for example is a great place for it.

Depends on the target audience.
Politics, religion, and sports related topics (porespot like I prefer to call that) always end with digital blood all over the place.
Technology is much lighter on that, though unlike the abovem technology topics are generally only being discussed by folks that are at least a bit informed about it, but still turns into a world keyboard war (or world touch screen war for the mobile users) real fast.

Though comments tend to differ per language as well.
Generally I see Japanese comments to be more with a laughing attitude in general, and barely reply to another person.
English comments on the other hand easily get 100s of replies with people either shouting at the one who made the original comment, or at the one who replied last.

Whatever allows them to be posted without removal, you will see them more on there. Like youtube for example is a great place for it.

I feel YouTube comments are starting to be less rude now that more people use their real name from their Google Plus account, and some users don't want to get their channel with many videos and subscribers banned if they use YouTube to make money from their video ads, Patreon, Paypal and sponsorship, and they want to become popular from posting YouTube videos.

Plus, cyber bullies can get fired or forced to quit at more strict work places like schools for being a cyber bully on YouTube when YouTube members track down the company where the YouTube troll commenter's work at, and e-mail their boss's evidence and links that a employee is cyber bullying on YouTube by posting offensive comments on people's videos.

But, there blogs are set to auto-approve, and you don't need to provide an e-mail address to post comments, so there is no way of contacting the user by e-mail, and reporting their comments to their e-mail to their e-mail provider or ISP for posting spam and cyber bullying which is against the terms of service of most e-mail and ISP providers.

It's really hard to avoid the rude comments, but I think there are still more rude comments in social media than to blogs. What ever topic or news in social media, there're a lot of trolls and hatred and rude comments, well of course with a million of users right?

I agree it depends on the admins rule on allowing what rude comments are allowed or not allowed. Some website owners can get in trouble if the website owner doesn't remove rude comments because their government have laws against posting rude comments online.

I never thought government can have law on rude comments online, there are lot of other things they should focus on, and yet they monitor rude comments.

In Thailand there is a man who got jailed for 35 years for insulting the King on Facebook according to Man jailed for 35 years in Thailand for insulting monarchy on Facebook

I think if the guy used a blog to insult the King, he may of gotten away with insulting the King and not going to Jail because many bloggers use a fake name, and I think the government does not actively monitor small blogs and websites as much as Facebook where the Thai government may hire internet workers and create Facebook post scanner program to scan Facebook posts for posts which insult the King.

Back