Are smaller size desktop Gaming PC are more durable than slim/small game consoles?

froggyboy604

Staff member
Manager
Full GL Member
Awards
Credits
Mature Board Viewing
Unlock full profile styling
Some smaller size desktop Gaming PCs maybe more durable than smaller/slim game consoles like the Xbox 360 slim, PS3 Slim, PS2 slim, PsOne Slim, Xbox One S, PS4 Slim, Wii mini, etc.

I think slim game consoles make most of their money by making slim game consoles not as durable, so you keep buying new ones every few years when they break. Slim and small game consoles sometimes use cheap plastic cases, cheap electronic parts like a low wattage power supply, cheaper slower cooling fans, and heatsinks which does not provide enough cooling to keep the temperatures not as hot.

Gaming PC makers which make smaller size desktop gaming PC can use a metal case, higher quality power supply, install a more powerful fan, and better copper heatsink and liquid cooling system to help more in cooling hot PC parts like the CPU, video card, RAM, and other internal parts, so the Slim PC won't overheat and get damaged by heat. Most PC parts like CPU, RAM, and motherboards are designed to run for many hours or days without turning off because some computers are always ON because they are used as ATMs, security video recording devices, and web servers which are always ON.

It is also easier to open up a Gaming PC to clean out dust which can cause overheating, and electrical problems like short circuits if it is very dusty, so cleaning a slim gaming PC can extend its life.

Gaming PC customers also are more tech savvy, and care a lot of durability when they spend $1000 or more on a Gaming PC, so most buyers will want their Gaming PC to last many years before it breaks.

PCs do seem more easy to crack open than a console.

PCs do seem more easy to crack open than a console.

I think most Gaming PCs are usually designed to be easily open, so users can upgrade them, and clean out dust from a PC. Gaming PCs which are hard to open will get fewer buyers, and bad reviews because they are hard to open.

Gaming PC makers save more money by building PCs which can be quickly built and open. PC makers only need to hire a few computer builder staff for a few days to weeks to build many gaming computers to sell worldwide.

Hiring computer builders to build computers for many months can be expensive if the hourly wage for computer builders is more expensive in countries like USA and Canada where tech repair and building is not cheap.

I believe that is the case.

I don't really trust the soon versions and they are just too delicate. Just one fall and they are out of commission for good.

I believe that is the case.

I don't really trust the soon versions and they are just too delicate. Just one fall and they are out of commission for good.

I feel most game consoles these days don't survive falls well except for a few older game consoles like the Nintendo Gamecube and Nintendo N64. A lot of game console cases seem to be made of thin plastic cases, and the parts are held together with small screws, and fasteners.

There are PCs which are designed to be more durable because they are moved around a lot when people move offices or homes. Some PC Gamers also move their Gaming PC to other people's home to play multiplayer PC games on a home network instead of the internet which is not reliable or fast enough for long multiplayer PC gaming.

PC buyers who pay many hundreds to thousands of dollars for a Gaming PC also want a computer with a strong durable metal case and their PC parts being held together with higher quality metal screws and fasteners.

Back