Are you afraid that regular taxi car services will be gone, and only online car passenger services like Uber exist in the future?

froggyboy604

Staff member
Manager
Full GL Member
Awards
Credits
Mature Board Viewing
Unlock full profile styling
I read stories of online car passenger drivers who drive for Uber not making enough money, so I feel they may make less money, or have fewer passenger driving employment opportunities if regular taxi car services are gone because they can't make enough money to stay open.

The prices for online car services like Uber, subway, and bus services can be more expensive and not as good if there is no more competition from regular taxis.

Many cities have multiple taxi companies, so it’s not a single point of failure like the bus or subway. There’s also multiple online passenger services like Lyft.

Unless the article is specifically talking about cities that have a singular taxi company, there’s other choices for transportation.

All in all, this isn’t really a big enough ordeal to keep myself up at night.

Many people were joining into the online taxi services I guess in future tho many offline taxi drivers will get into this online things ... Everything is upgrading why offline taxi in future..

I think it will be too far from that because there are still some issues need to be fixed with this online thingy.

I feel taxi will be used in many places with unreliable wireless internet and cell phone service and many non-tech savvy people in a city. Taxis accept money for payment for the ride, and you don't need a computer, phone, and internet connection to use a taxi unless you need to make a reservation for a pickup at a certain location like the air port. Street taxi customers can walk up to a parked taxi at a street or parking lot, or wave their hand at a passing taxi to ask them to drive them somewhere, and pay for the taxi ride with money, or a debit, credit card if the taxi has a credit/debit card reader.

Some taxi services now have mobile apps to call a taxi, so they are kind of like Uber.

That's how it will be...., I believe so.
Most of my colleagues prefer to ride as a passenger rather than to drive it themselves.

That's how it will be...., I believe so.
Most of my colleagues prefer to ride as a passenger rather than to drive it themselves.

I notice a lot of people talk about how Uber and Lyft online ride sharing services are cheaper than a taxi, owning a car, and renting a car. More people now use their phone to do many different tasks, so they may rather spend their time playing games, using chat apps, and browsing social networks rather than driving, walking, and biking.

I notice a lot of people talk about how Uber and Lyft online ride sharing services are cheaper than a taxi, owning a car, and renting a car. More people now use their phone to do many different tasks, so they may rather spend their time playing games, using chat apps, and browsing social networks rather than driving, walking, and biking.
Uber isn't exactly cheap but it's a better choice than to drive a car, in the heavy traffic.
I have never heard of Lyft though

Uber isn't exactly cheap but it's a better choice than to drive a car, in the heavy traffic.
I have never heard of Lyft though

I agree, Uber is not really cheap especially when there is surge pricing where there are a lot of people calling for Uber and not enough drivers. But, paying more expensive surge pricing maybe better than waiting a long time for a taxi, bus, etc to pick you up because there are no empty taxis and all the buses are full.

Lyft is similar to Uber, but I think Lyft is only available in America and Canada according to articles I read on Lyft vs. Uber: Which Is Best for Riders and Drivers in 2018?

I agree, Uber is not really cheap especially when there is surge pricing where there are a lot of people calling for Uber and not enough drivers. But, paying more expensive surge pricing maybe better than waiting a long time for a taxi, bus, etc to pick you up because there are no empty taxis and all the buses are full.

Lyft is similar to Uber, but I think Lyft is only available in America and Canada according to articles I read on Lyft vs. Uber: Which Is Best for Riders and Drivers in 2018?
I see. Over here, Ola is the competitor for Uber.
The fare depends on traffic too. It's fair but still paying so much money for short distances....not everyone would like that.

I see. Over here, Ola is the competitor for Uber.
The fare depends on traffic too. It's fair but still paying so much money for short distances....not everyone would like that.

I agree paying a lot of money for short distances is not liked by most people. But, I feel more Uber and Ola drivers who drive during heavy traffic may more likely turn off their Uber and Ola App to stop driving during heavy traffic times if they don't earn more money during heavy traffic.

I think a lot of Uber drivers drive for Uber as a part-time job, so they may make most of their money when there are is a lot of traffic when the prices are higher.

I agree paying a lot of money for short distances is not liked by most people. But, I feel more Uber and Ola drivers who drive during heavy traffic may more likely turn off their Uber and Ola App to stop driving during heavy traffic times if they don't earn more money during heavy traffic.

I think a lot of Uber drivers drive for Uber as a part-time job, so they may make most of their money when there are is a lot of traffic when the prices are higher.

Lol....I do agree.
But paying around 200 bucks just for a 5 KM is just too much. It's like if you decide to take a walk, it will take just less than 1 hour or si

Lol....I do agree.
But paying around 200 bucks just for a 5 KM is just too much. It's like if you decide to take a walk, it will take just less than 1 hour or si

There are Uber drivers who turn off the Uber driver app to trick the app to increase the prices for passengers, so Uber drivers can make enough money to survive according to Uber and Lyft Drivers Are Reportedly Tricking the App to Charge Riders More

Hopefully, Uber, drivers, and passengers can come up with a fair price for rides, and drivers have enough money to pay for their expenses like food, rent, and gas.

There are Uber drivers who turn off the Uber driver app to trick the app to increase the prices for passengers, so Uber drivers can make enough money to survive according to Uber and Lyft Drivers Are Reportedly Tricking the App to Charge Riders More

Hopefully, Uber, drivers, and passengers can come up with a fair price for rides, and drivers have enough money to pay for their expenses like food, rent, and gas.
I didn't know that at all.
Over here, they don't do that, we the roads are kinda tricky and they need the navigation system. Before you ask, not all the cars have GPS system here xD

I took a Uber taxi recently and the driver asked me to pay for toll fee.
I was in a hurry so, I just gave him and later I observed that the toll fee is being charged in the main fee. It's not the first time, I came across this problem. These drivers are a bit too much and we are paying too much, without knowing anything about it.

Back