Are you an achievement hunter?

IntoxNitram

GamingLatest Slave
Staff member
Full GL Member
Awards
Credits
Do you consider yourself an achievement hunter? I see people who love to get platinum trophies in games so sink multiple play throughs and hundreds of hours into games but that just isn’t for me.

I suppose they are getting their moneys worth! However most videos I see on YouTube from trophy hunters seem to hate the game by the end.

I tend to finish the story and then look at the trophy list to see how easy the platinum would be if I enjoyed the story or else just get a few of the easy trophies and move on.

Last edited:
Not really, if it's fun or I had the game while growing up, I try to get trophies, but most are a waste of time or just too tedious. I rather play more games.

I generally don't spend a lot of time getting achievements in games. But, they can be fun to collect.

I definitely am. I find myself playing games that are made for kids and what have you just for the easy score lol.

I definitely am. I find myself playing games that are made for kids and what have you just for the easy score lol.
I’ve seen a few trophy hunters play the Peppa Pig game because it’s an easy plat. I definitely don’t care enough about trophies for that lol.

I’ve seen a few trophy hunters play the Peppa Pig game because it’s an easy plat. I definitely don’t care enough about trophies for that lol.

I was one of em lol

I feel like if I did for Steam games, it would be disingenuous because some poorly made games give you achievements for just loading the game up, instead of having you work for it. For any other game, if it's not built-in, for example, Switch games, I play for the fun of playing what I like. If it's rewarding to beat, I might try it or play said games more.

I don’t care if people do, I personally don’t because quite a few games I own are a pain in the ass to platinum.

Multiple playthroughs of a long JRPG are annoying, or a playthrough requiring a guide so you won’t miss that one item.

I don’t care if people do, I personally don’t because quite a few games I own are a pain in the ass to platinum.

Multiple playthroughs of a long JRPG are annoying, or a playthrough requiring a guide so you won’t miss that one item.

Hate JRPGs that want you to replay the entire game for one trophy.

Back