Are you buying more downloadable mobile and PC games than console games these days?

froggyboy604

Staff member
Manager
Full GL Member
Awards
Credits
Mature Board Viewing
Unlock full profile styling
Yes, I like buying downloadable mobile games. Mobile games are convenient, fun, cheap, and I can play the games on multiple mobiles without the need to take out discs, or one game is tied to one machine at all times.

My current PC is slow, so I don't buy many downloadable games for it, but once I buy a faster PC, I expect to buy many downloadable PC games from Steam, gog.com, and Amazon's PC download store.

I haven't bought a console game for the Xbox 360, PS2, and other consoles I own in a few years since Mobile and PC games are keeping me very entertained at the moment.

PC games yes. Mobile games no. My only mobile device is so old it can't support most apps anymore, and mostly the games I play on mobile are when I'm bored and there's nothing else to do because I'm out somewhere. PC games I've been getting a lot of lately due to steam. My computer isn't all that powerful, but I can still get some great games. I love humble bundle as well every time they come out with a new pack, you can try so many games for cheap with it that you wouldn't have known about otherwise.

I have a top-of-the-line phone (the Galaxy S3) but I don't really game on it.  I browse forums, Reddit/4chan, listen to music and watch YouTube videos but the only gaming I usually do is with an emulator and a PS3/Xbox controller.

I have 230 games on Steam as of writing this comment.  The last time I bought a game physically was actually a while ago.  I'll probably buy "The Last of Us" on disc though, so...

I most certainly am buying more games for PC and mobile (Android) than I am for console. After I invested in a gaming-quality PC a year and a half ago I didn't turn back. Other than a few months' XBox live subscritpion and an odd rental now and again, I've been gaming, and buying games for, my PC. 

In regard to mobile gaming, I haven't exactly spent much money on games, but I have played a few free-to-play games to kill time between classes or on longer trips. 

I don't really waste money on mobile games. Although cheap, I get bored very easily from them. I really only like to buy games that will last me a long time and that has a high replay value.

Sometimes i download emulators and mobile games.

Back