Are You Going to Watch the Oscars?

Golddisk

Full GL Member
Credits
So the Oscars (Academy Awards) are coming up this weekend and I was wondering if anyone was planning on watching them? There was quite a bit of out cry due to who was nominated and some people have suggested that the Oscars are racist. Some have said they are going to boycott them in protest of these practices that they have perceived.

I probably won't be watching them, but I haven't watched the Oscars, ever, really so its apart of the protest, but rather just an awards show I am not into. I prefer to watch the music award shows - Grammys, VMAs, etc. over the movie award shows.

Nope, I don't watch any of that stuff. I feel bad for the people who have to sit there for hours and watch others get rewards.

That event always seemed like a snooze fest any ole ways man so I wouldn't watch it. I heard the viewership are primarily actors who aspiring to be in the business. So I can see why casual viewers wouldn't bother taking the time out of their busy days to give this a glance. It just isn't relatable unless yo happen to be a big fan of the movie scene. It will be interesting to see how they move forward after all of that controversy that was stirred up.

Back