Argument: Choosing to join the Imperials is better than joining the Stormcloaks.

OursIsTheFury

Full GL Member
Credits
A united empire would have a better fighting chance against the Aldmeri Dominion once the truce is over. A wounded Skyrim who has just finished a civil war that divided its sectors, as well as being attacked by dragons of legend, would be of no match to the High Elves that have been stockpiling their weapons while the events of the game is happening.

Discuss arguments and counterarguments in the comment section!

I used to think I would be all about the Stormcloaks. Awesome tough and gruff Vikings and the original people of Skyrim. What's not to like?

What's not to like is the fact that they're a bunch of racist, warmongering barbarians! Yeah they want freedom but only for the Nords, they'd drive out every last Argonian, Khajiit, and Redguard if they could. Imperials might be jerks in their own way, but at least they intend to unify the people and live at peace with everyone.

I used to think I would be all about the Stormcloaks. Awesome tough and gruff Vikings and the original people of Skyrim. What's not to like?

What's not to like is the fact that they're a bunch of racist, warmongering barbarians! Yeah they want freedom but only for the Nords, they'd drive out every last Argonian, Khajiit, and Redguard if they could. Imperials might be jerks in their own way, but at least they intend to unify the people and live at peace with everyone.
Yeah, what made the final argument for me was Windhelm. The Argonians can only be on the docks. Even after Ulfric loses, the new guy, Freewinter, would say that it's for "the best" of the Argonians to keep living in the docks. For their safety, and all that. Nothing changes in Windhelm even if the Imperials win, and that's just sad.

Yeah. From the start I would have gone with the Stromcloaks, but after getting deeper into the story, I chose otherwise. And not just because they are racist and would do such deeds, the ultimate enemy is not the Imperial Empire. Keeping it safe and together would help its fight against the real threat, which are Thalmor. Although, I would love if Nords had their own country, the way they see their country is bad. They were the first to come to those lands, true, but they have evil schemes on their minds which I never liked. You just can not say no to Khajiit, it has wares.

Yeah. From the start I would have gone with the Stromcloaks, but after getting deeper into the story, I chose otherwise. And not just because they are racist and would do such deeds, the ultimate enemy is not the Imperial Empire. Keeping it safe and together would help its fight against the real threat, which are Thalmor. Although, I would love if Nords had their own country, the way they see their country is bad. They were the first to come to those lands, true, but they have evil schemes on their minds which I never liked. You just can not say no to Khajiit, it has wares.
Kind of a bad way to start the game IMO. Most people who chose Stormcloak all claim, "THE IMPERIALS TRIED TO KILL ME AT THE START", but that was all a misunderstanding if you follow the story; but, well, the story should start with a more even playing field so the players can choose without any bias when given the choices.

Kind of a bad way to start the game IMO. Most people who chose Stormcloak all claim, "THE IMPERIALS TRIED TO KILL ME AT THE START", but that was all a misunderstanding if you follow the story; but, well, the story should start with a more even playing field so the players can choose without any bias when given the choices.

When I first launched it, I didn't really know what to think. I chose to follow the Imperial, I mean, he was nice from the start, he cut you lose later on and helped you out. But hearing about the war brought questions who is the bad guy there which was later answered. Much later since I spent most of my time exploring and finding new places first :grin:

When I first launched it, I didn't really know what to think. I chose to follow the Imperial, I mean, he was nice from the start, he cut you lose later on and helped you out. But hearing about the war brought questions who is the bad guy there which was later answered. Much later since I spent most of my time exploring and finding new places first :grin:
Technically you can follow either Hadvar (the Imperial) or Ralof (the guy with you on the cart), and either of them can free you. The only difference in this is that the owner of the mill will be the one who befriends you and not the smith. Rest of the game is the same.

Back