Staff member
Administrator
Awards
Credits
Full year of Nintendo Online
Steal Penalty
You're Rich Money Bags Award
Profile Music
Assassin's Creed 2 suffers from a glitch that could trap the player and force them to restart, reports CVG. Apparently the glitch is triggered if players turn off their console after the game auto-saves upon completion of chapter 11. "After the save I quit out of the game," wrote one tipster. "After I returned the next day it loads the hideout level and nothing happens. You just walk about with nobody there." We don't have information on how often it happens, or if it's occurring more with one platform than another. But if players get trapped there, there doesn't seem to be any way out.

Though Ubisoft hasn't made a comment, the preventive solution until they do is simple: don't quit after chapter 11. A story sequence follows that chapter, and then leads the player straight back into the game as Ezio. If players simply wait until they're back in Renaissance Italy, they should be fine. If you've already encountered the glitch, drop Ubisoft a note with details of your problem and your platform; having as much information as possible might help them fix it.

UPDATE -- Ubisoft is aware of the problem and working on a fix, according to a post on the Ubisoft Community forums. A community developer there said they are "aware of this problem, and we are glad to say that it will be solved through our upcoming patch."

source

that glitch would suck.

I asked for this game for christmas and I really hope my parents decided not to get it. XD
hopefully they wont and I can get a later copy so it isnt all screwed.

I haven't got my copy yet. Im waiting for the PC version. Hope its not messed up.

Back