froggyboy604

Staff member
Manager
Full GL Member
Awards
Credits
Mature Board Viewing
Unlock full profile styling
Over the next two decades, ASUS' routers and their firmware will undergo an independent security audit once every two years. That's one of the conditions FTC set that ASUS had to agree to in order to settle the commission's charges. See, the FTC found that the Taiwanese manufacturer's routers had critical security flaws despite its promise to consumers that the devices can "protect computers from any unauthorized access, hacking and virus attacks."

Read More

Wow, 20 years. I wonder would Asus needs to pay for the 20 year Router Security Audits.

I think Asus Router containing security flasws is a good reminder that you should not rely on your Router's firewall and security to fully protect your PC from hacking and virus attack, and should use a free or paid software based Firewall like the default Windows Firewall, or third-party firewall programs like Comodo Firewall. It is also necessary to have a good antivirus and antispyware programs installed on your PC to protect your computer from malware, virus, and spyware programs.

So my ASUS router right now might be vulnerable?

Asus are really good brands/ company I personally always liked Asus and always had hardware from them with no problems at all. Unless the owner ducks a shot of drunk pills and smash things up. Glad I haven't got a router forum them.

Forum them lol

So my ASUS router right now might be vulnerable?

There might be a possibility your Asus router is vulnerable. I think the 20 year audit may reveal more security vulnerabilities in the coming months, and years during the 20 year security audit period on Asus Routers.

I've never owned an Asus router. They don't seem to be particularly popular with internet service providers in Eastern-Europe. I have to wonder whether Asus will still exist 20 years from now.

I think Asus may still exist in 20 years, but it will be mainly making smartphones, tablets, laptops, desktop motherboards, and video cards.

Asus may not be making wireless routers in 20 years because a lot of people now just use the router which comes from their Internet Service Provider because it is a free-rental, and good enough for most tasks like downloading and uploading files to the internet, online gaming, and video chat.

Back