Attack On Titan season 2.

StolenKid

Full GL Member
Credits
Ok, already finished season 2 and I must say, the quality of the anime is still great but this season had one problem, it lacked the central direction the previous director Tetsuro Araki gave to the series, Araki had his way on season 1, the second season even being 12 episodes felt longer, I don't really liked the way flashbacks were used on the series, every 5 minutes a new flashback, it gets heavy and kind of boring, I know it's an adaptation from the manga and it's trully faithfull to it, but I don't know, it got me bored most of the time, although the last 2 episodes gave me that adrenaline that season 1 had, overall, I give this season a 7/10. The animation and the soundtrack are a highlight, really excited to see what's next on the series.

I'm following the Toonami airing, so not yet finished with it.

I'm just glad they got back Revo and his Linked Horizon band, such an awesome (yet confusing) opening.

I thought it was faster paced compared to the first season since they only had 12 episodes to play with, and not the previous season with 25 (which was generous for anime shows these days who only get 12 at best). I think the flashbacks were great, since it made the characters more than just pieces of meat for the titans to consume. There are still a lot of unanswered questions, but I heard that Season 3 is already confirmed for next year, so it's gonna be a slow wait. If you want to start reading, the season ended at Chapter 50, so everything past that would be spoiler territory, and would probably be in forums discussing the show and manga, so take heed.

This season was the number of episodes it needed to be, with the pace and focus it needed to have.

The "Clash of Titans" arc was the one covered in this season and it was perfect: Fast paced, intense, and completely focused on character development, giving the spotlight to a lot of characters we... Didn't see that much beforehand (Reiner, Bertolt, Ymir and Krista).

I understand some people like OP may not like the constant flashbacks (and I agree that, at least, the Ymir and Krista one during Winter was kind of unneeded, even though I found it to be really cute), but most of the others were extremely spot on and managed to hint some things that we can't yet put together... And that's the appeal of this series: The mystery of what happens within and outside the world our main characters know.

I was really happy with the way the "reveal" was handled (faithful to the tone it had in the manga), the musical score was amazing (YouSeeBIGGIRL got me.) and I am HYPED for next year, because it will most likely have 25 episodes and will cover two arcs that will... Change things, in a significant way. They even treated anime-onlies with a few "bonus" scenes that shouldn't have happened yet, but it was handled so magnificently that you hardly notice!

I could ramble hours and hours about SnK but I think I'm spamming you guys enough as it is haha.

Back