Barnes & Noble Shutting Down Nook App And Video Stores

froggyboy604

Staff member
Manager
Full GL Member
Credits
Mature Board Viewing
Unlock full profile styling
Barnes & Noble is going to stop digital sales through its app and video stores later this month. According to a report, the company is going to stop digital sales through Nook App and Video stores from March 15th and customers who have bought content from either of the two stores have until then to download their apps and media content one last time.

Read More

This is too bad that there are now fewer options to buy apps, games, and video. But, I guest most people who bought a Nook tablet now buy apps, games, video, and other media from Google Play.

Not surprised by this at all. The Nook store had a very limited number of apps and games on it, and what it does have can mostly all be found on Google Play, so there isn't really any loss. The Google Play store also has a plethora of more apps than the Nook store.

I think the Amazon App Store is also a better than the Nook Store. Amazon has a lot of paid free apps when you use their Amazon Underground app store, but I think most of the better paid apps which are offered to free on Amazon Underground are US-Only.

Amazon used to give away a lot of paid apps for free everyday. I got a lot of paid apps and games for free on Amazon when Amazon offered free apps and games on a daily basis.

I think all people really need is google play.

I think all people really need is google play.

A lot of people also download older versions of APK App installer files from websites because the newer versions of apps are not compatible with their device, crash more than old version, or run very slowly on their device because of the Nook Color's and HD's slower Processor, RAM, and video chip. There is currently no way to download and install older versions of an app on Google Play because Google Play only has the newest version.

I think some people with the Barnes and Noble older Nook Color, and Nook HD will download older versions of an app because sometimes older apps run better on aging tablets like the Nook Color, and Nook HD which are many years old.

The Nook is good to have for those who really love to read. It is not surprising that Nook app and video is discontinued. The Nook HD and HD+ had been discontinued a long time ago and been replaced with a Samsung tablets. So when it comes to playing app games, it is better to have an actual tablets (like Samsung or Apple brands).

I never had a Nook. Were the sales really that bad that they decided to discontinue the services?

I have two Nooks and the quality is not that good and it is better to have it just for reading. Comparing it to other tablets with a much better quality and have good compatibility with apps, it is better off using Samsung and Apple. Besides, Nook got discontinued the same way Sony eReader was but with both discontinued eReaders, I prefer using the Sony one than the Nook due to user friendly.

I never really understood the point of tablets that posed as e-readers. I've had a normal (black and white) e-reader from Kobo, but I hardly ever used it, and now it's somewhere collecting dust in the closet.

I think the black and white e-ink screen is better for your eyes because it does not have a bright back light like a tablet. Some people claim the light given off by things like a TV, tablet, and computer monitor can cause you to sleep less.

A eReader's battery life last a very long time, so you don't charge it as often like a tablet where you need to charge it on a daily basis.

Very true, the black and white one with no back light has a better battery life span than other. I do like the Sony eReader (black and white) but they stopped the ebook online store of it so i can't use it anymore. :(

Very true, the black and white one with no back light has a better battery life span than other. I do like the Sony eReader (black and white) but they stopped the ebook online store of it so i can't use it anymore. :(

Can your Sony eReader read/open PDF based eBooks or documents.

Some school textbooks come with a CD disc with a digital PDF version of the book which you can use to read them on an eReader, PC, smartphone, and tablet.

Yeah, the guys from Kobo realized that too. They had also released two tablets like the Nook a few years ago, but the sales were so poor that they have discontinued them.

I think the Kobo Tablets where somewhat popular in Canada for some time. But, once more affordable $199 tablets like the Asus Nexus 7 2012, Samsung Galaxy Tab 7, and Amazon Kindle Fire HD are available in Canada, or shipped to Canada, fewer people bought Kobo tablets.

Back